Sign in to follow this  
Steve Storm

8v Blackberry on PistonHeads. Any one had a look?

Has anyone had a look at the 8v Blackberry that is up for sale on PistonHeads? The dealer is called Avhall Sports and i think its been up for sale for over a month now.

The car is located over 80 miles from me and it could save me the bother if someone has already viewed it and found that its of poor quality.

if you can find out directly where it is i or other members will probably be able to help, i work in the midlands and i know theres a fair few bods on here live round about so just post his location and someone or i might be able to go have a quick nose at it for you

Aye - I'm in Warwickshire and would be happy to go have a nosey if it's not too far away.

Looks pretty good to me! 80 miles is nothing, I have to travel that far to get to the nearest motorway :lol:

Looks pretty good to me! 80 miles is nothing, I have to travel that far to get to the nearest motorway :lol:

I've spoken to the dealer and its actually 120 miles from me, located in Birmingham at B24 0QA.

Aye - I'm in Warwickshire and would be happy to go have a nosey if it's not too far away.

Thanks for the offer Jim. I've asked the dealer to send me some extra info before I move forward with this. If everything looks good I'll then if he's flexible with the price :D

u may be able to get a vr for this money but the 8v will pay for itself. on average i get about 42mpg :D gotta looooove that 8v

u may be able to get a vr for this money but the 8v will pay for itself. on average i get about 42mpg :D gotta looooove that 8v

yeah you have a point i get 40+ out of my 8v but when i was using the vr everyday to and from work on a mix of a roads and the m1 the vr averaged 26-28.... + you get the vr noise amd performance if you ever need it!

If you look at the figures thers not a huuuuge difference, unless your doing lots of miles!

So assuming 10k a year, 190 miles a week and unleaded at £1 a litre the vr would cost £31 compared to £21 for the 8v, So the 8v would save £40 ish a month or £520 a year, half if doing only 5k a year. tbh i'd rather have another 75bhp for the same money (ish)

the 8v its not a nippy car and i suppose if its bought to commute in then great! i'd be carefull about wasting money tuning it! (i did this to mine all for a total bhp of 140... didnt set the world o fire!)

i went to a view a corrado he had for sale back in december, 300 mile round trip for a car that looked immaculate in the pics turned out to be a worthless drive, numerous faults and a shoddy repair to the passenger side, fresh underseal and blistered paint all on the passenger side, dodgy isv and wet footwells. and he wouldnt budge on the price either! he had quite a few there and told me he was good friends with TCS. might be an alright car but make sure you have a good look at it.

thats some hefty sums :o i would love the vr but being 20, the insurence is a little out of my reach :x

eek! feel your pain dude, bought my 8v gti at 18 and had to wait a few months till 19 and 1yrs ncb to insure it, i still remember it was £5000 for a car bought for £4500 at 18 or £2300 at 19 with 1yrs ncb, The vr was £2500 when i was 21 with 1 years ncb... scary but i suppose it depends where you live and lots of things!

I used to love my 8v. I had it for 7 years until some idiot smashed into its side at a roundabout. Unfortunately it was a right off. :( You wouldn't have though it but with the cost of parts and labour it would have cost almost as much as the value of the car to repair it.

In the end I took the money put it towards a dull, lifeless Polo 8v as my daily. After 3 years of owning it I'm fed with it and want a 8v rado as my daily again.

The dealer has come back to me with answers to some of my questions as below.

1) 5 previous owners

2) fully serviced and mot by ourselves before sale

3) service history there is no actual book but paperwork and old mot's to verify mileage and service

4) all our vehicles are hpi checked if you would like to check yourself reg: M966 VTS... VIN NO: wvwzzz50zsk000406

I'm not too keen about there not being a service book available especially at the price he's asking for it. He has included a photo of some of the paper work that is coming with the car.

hols 1 017.JPG[/attachment:1gcsnti7]

Why such the hang up over service history???? It's only a book for gods sake!! So long as there are reciepts to back up the work done, the cambelt has ben changed recently etc and a general inspection (Buyers guide from here) or if you want to be really thought an AA or RAC inspection....

SH books mean bugger all, I can get you one ready stamped tomorrow if you like???

thats some hefty sums :o i would love the vr but being 20, the insurence is a little out of my reach :x

I had my first VR at 20 and it cost me £1400, I'm now 22 and have another VR for £700! I can give you all the details of who I was with and how etc etc if you like, just PM me! Sorry to hijack the thread for a mo

agree with rado-steve, bottom line is there is risk with any purchase you make, so long as you can establish a regular service record and the major maintenance items have been dealt with then that would be good enough for most.

seems a tad expensive imo, but good luck wth it.

Really need to have a look at the car before I can make any judgement on it but unless I can get the price down, it won't be worth me travelling up or wasting anyone's time to have a quick look for me. Thank for all your comments :salute: