Sign in to follow this  
zaidi

Rebuilding VR6 Engine to cope with a T3/T4 Turbo!

Thats fine too, probably easier aswell. Would this weekend be fine for you. We will come most likely saturday morning, im gona bring a friend with me to help out.

I think i have the same engine type as you, mine is from a 1994 corrado, without the circular ignition distributor.

Just to recap, the vr6 engine you have has no problems or anything, no leaking oil or smoking when it was running or anything, basically is it a clean engine, i wont have to worry about anything.

And you have decreased the compression ratio to 9:1 and chainged the chains.

Yep mines a late coilpack engine, no distributor. It had no problems when I was running it not oil leaking (although it's covered in oil at the minute since taking it out as have removed the oil cooler etc so it got a bit everywhere!), never seen any smoke from it even on overrun. Yep compression ratio is about 9:1 which is perfect for turbo and the chains were done last winter using the new mk4 upper tensioner (plastic that doesn't fall apart like the standard ones!)

And £450 is good if you can just come and take it away. You may need to rob a couple of bits from your engine like stat housing, oil cooler, PAS pump but in terms of the actual engine it's all there. PM me and I'll give you my address.