Sign in to follow this  
Erickramirez

Should it stay or should it go???

I know in the end its up to me, but i just wanted to get some input from you guys. i bought my first corrado around this time last year for $3200.00.Never had any serious problems with it, its a 1990 G60 Stage 4, front mount intercooler, black leather, 15k on rebuilt engine and charger, BOV, H&R lowered, 17s, and as for the bad, well it has 196xxx on the body (this scares me), could use new paint along with some dent removing, hood release is half broken, and the ignition switch is acting up. SO my point is should i go all out on this one and Restore it as much as possible ( lookswise ) OR should i sell it and get me a Vr6 or another G60 with lower miles, what would you do if you were in my position? HELPPP!! i only have 1 pic of it on this computer but can upload more later, engine bay is really clean except for an electrical mess done by PO.

25iwxaf.jpg

keep it, ignition and hood release are easy fixes

dunno what '196xxx on the body means' but if means shed load of scrathes/ dents i'd still be more likely to keep cos the mechanicals seem to be good

why spending money on another C? I would keep this one and spend the money on it 8)

they are old cars, so they all need bodywork bits doing as well as a few little problems here and there. If the engine has only done that mileage from a rebuild then i would just keep this, get it looking how you want it and enjoy it...

dunno what '196xxx on the body means' but if means shed load of scrathes/ dents i'd still be more likely to keep cos the mechanicals seem to be good

I'm guessing it's got 196,000 miles on the clock?

tbh honest mate I think a lot of people will say keep with what you know. If it's mechanically sound and just got a few easy fixes everything else that can be a problem with a 196k mile car can be solved with little hassle. Selling this and getting another could just mean you have even bigger bills as it's a car that's unknown to you. At least you know where you stand with this one.

I've seen cars with 90,000 on the clock that are complete dogs, and others running 170,000+ that are all working perfectly!

Only thing I will say is that judging from your picture you need a 90mm splitter on the front, then it'll look very well indeed.

thats true, buying another C would mean possibly new problems, and as for the 90mm lip, you cant really see in the pic but the front mount intercooler is actually pretty big so it comes out from under the bumper, i actually have a pic i will post here. i dont really like what it looks like so if i do decide to keep it (which i think you guys convinced me to :grin: ) then i will end up getting a smaller intercooler and possibly new bumper. Thanks again for all the replies!

intercooler

288wprm.jpg

yes i know it looks like its being held in place by the lower bumper part but i assure you its not lol

and heres an old pic of the engine bay

nbavyp.jpg

Interesting engine bay, you might want a heatshield round that cone filter? I've heard they can get heat soaked quite easily without.

Had any issues with the ISV re-route? I've heard mixed things about them. Got one with my FMIC but never fitted it

No problems with the ISV, although one day i was at a red light when suddenly my cars idle started revving a little every 2 seconds, the guy next to me thought i wanted to race him ( civic :roll: ) but turned out the vacuum hose behind the isv had a tear in it, just replaced it and it was good as new :grin:

I´d chuck the whole cone filter out and replace it with the oem air filter box. Reason? Preserves the scroll inside the charger, or else it´ll start looking like the moon´s surface thanks to poor filtration of conical filters etc. Pitted scroll leads to less boost :shock:

Interesting IC solution. Have you got aircon on yours?

Tempest