Sign in to follow this  
stevej

rear calipers - help

Hi

my vr6 has lucas rear calipers.

in spite of my patience... my bleed nipple screw has sheared off :( . i have some spare girling ones off my old valver, however the hand brake mech is different (has a large visible spring). i am assuming that these items are a straight swap, in spite of the visible difference ?

cheers

They are 2 different generations of calipers. You can swap them over, but it might be worthwhile swapping both so that there are no issues with differences in the handbrake efficiency. Alternatively, have you tried a screw type stud extractor on the bleed nipple? Might be worth giving the nipple a tap with a hammer and punch to help free it up before trying the extractor.

cheers Toad

i had not of the stud extractor idea. definately worth a try, for the sake of a few quid. i have a pair of girlings which i can get refurbed for pretty much the price of one replacement caliper, but i suspect they wouldnt wont the one with the sheared nipple back in exchange.