Sign in to follow this  
snattrass

Adjusting Koni ride firmness how to?

I know it seems really daft but do I just turn the pins at the top of the mounting threads bolt with an adjustable or something? Is it clockwise for more firmness or clockwise for more softness?

you should get a little knob with them that sits on the fronts, the rears have to be adjusted off the car. I should have a manual and the knob around that i don't need anymore

well thats how it was when i had them on a corsa

Cheers guys thats helpful...

Mine don't have that knob... does it really make all that much difference - there's only about 3 turns? Does the ride firmness/softness change so that it's noticeably softer?

It should be 2 full turns from hardest to softest, and yes it does make a fair degree of difference to ride quality and handling between the two extremes.

Just removed my rear speakers and left the speaker grills sitting in for cosmetics...can then just pop them off and get the pliers or adjustable on the top bit...

good tip...

thanks..

anyone with a key the wouldnt mind me having pm me - that would make life a bit easier..

thanks guys

i thought that the rears had to be compressed and then turned to adjust the softness? Only the fronts were adjustable from the top?