Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Aux water pump always on?

Editted this from earlier as i was an idiot and put the HT leads on in the wrong order :cuckoo:

but the problem i still have is, i changed the aux water pump today for a 2nd hand one from ebay. Old one was leaking but worked fine.

Now as soon as i turn ignition on the water pump comes on and seems to stay on when i start engine, its also really noisy.

is this just a duff pump?

The fact that it is on when you turn the ignition on is correct, and when the engine is running. The fact that it is noisy is not so good, is the cooling system full up. ie is the pump actually pumping water/coolant? How noisy are we talking, they do purr a bit in normal situations!

A bit late for me to say now, 3corsameal, but it is probably best (IMO) not to buy used components with a high failure rate - for the Corrado that is - from ebay (eg. headlight switch, aux water pump, door handle, coilpack, etc.)

As an old greybeard, I have to say that "buy cheap, buy twice" is one of those sayings that often works.