Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

How to clean my Grey leather seats?

ive read few posts bout cleaning leather seats and how to do it, but they're all for black leather seats.

where and what can i buy for my grey seats? I want to go into a shop and buy some.

Ive read Gliptone is good, but is that only mailorder? Is the Autoglim stuff good?

Any help is greatly wanted!

Neil

Ive got Autoglym leather cleaner which is good and Gliptone conditioner which is good too. If the seats are worn and cracking rather than just dirty, you could try spray dyeing them which will bring them up like new.

Ive got Autoglym leather cleaner which is good and Gliptone conditioner which is good too. If the seats are worn and cracking rather than just dirty, you could try spray dyeing them which will bring them up like new.

yes mine are cracked and need restoring somehow, where can i get some spray dying?

there are a few places like 'furniture clinic' plus others. Tbh, there's no real easy way to look after leather. Most cleaners are much of a muchness, i've used gliptone, Halfords F1, Simoniz, they're all ok.

In a nutshell:

1. park the car in the sun to warm up the leather

2. spray the seats lightly with water

3. apply your choice of cleaner (eg simoniz) to a nail brush and start working this in to the leather. Rub well with the brush into the cracks - you may just find this is mucky leather which will retuen back to normal after a good clean

4. Keep a white cloth handy to wipe up the crap that comes out

5. keep cleaning and wiping

6. when you're happy, apply some conditioner and leave this to soak in for a few hours

7. if possible, keep teh leather warm

8. wipe of any excess conditioner - should give a nice leathery smell!

7. if possible, keep teh leather warm

Would havin my heated seats on full help?

yes, or you could just put a hairdryer in teh car for a while and close the doors and windows - tht will give it a nice even heat distribution. Best to take advantage of the sun though, if possible, again more even and possibly less drying than the seat heaters or the hairdryer.