Sign in to follow this  
fendervg

Uprated loom and sidelights question

Hi all,

New member here, http://www.corrado-database.nl/index.ph ... do&id=4885

I recently fitted an uprated loom using OEM connectors to plug directly into the headlight units, it gets its signal from 2 spades going into the original plug from the stock loom.

There are four wires on the plug - can anyone confirm what they are - earth, high, low and spots/sidelights ?

Reason I'm asking is that my sidelights now don't come on when you move the indicator stalk, and position 1 of the light switch, which should be sidelights, gives low beam only. High and low on position 2 work fine.

This has me suspecting that one of the wires is for the sidelight, but since most uprated looms only take 2 signals from the switch how would these be connected up ?

Many thanks.

That could be due to the yellow dim dip resistor between the battery and the headlight. Just try unplugging that. :)

Yep sounds like the dim/dip resistor to me too. Located in the passenger inner wing, have a feel aroung on the wing side of the battery. As said previously just unplug that.

Tried that - no luck - with it disconnected, no position 1 lights, connected, low beam on position 1.

Went back to the stock loom for a test, and sidelights work as expected.

There are four wires in the plug - brown (earth), yellow (low beam ?), white (high ?) and (grey/black ?) - do I have these right ? The uprated loom spades are going to yellow and white.

Tried that - no luck - with it disconnected, no position 1 lights, connected, low beam on position 1.

Went back to the stock loom for a test, and sidelights work as expected.

There are four wires in the plug - brown (earth), yellow (low beam ?), white (high ?) and (grey/black ?) - do I have these right ? The uprated loom spades are going to yellow and white.

Grey and black is the sidelight, from memory, you need to get a feed direct to that from the original sidelight feed, I think, that's what I did when I made up my own uprated loom anyway. There's not much point in switching it through a relay...

Yeah - you just beat me to it - did a little digging and searching and found the following:

Brown, earth

Grey/red, sidelight, opposite corner to earth

Yellow, Dip beam

White main beam.

I need to disconnect the dim dip and run a jumper from the oem loom for the sidelights to the new plug.

Cheers for all the help.

Finally finished my uprated wiring loom and will fit today - I bought a loom from ebay and then modified it by putting the realays in a waterproof container, added plug and play by using OEM connectors for each lamp and for the original headlight feed and sealed it with tape as well as I could: