Sign in to follow this  
mlyon89

Misfiring after rain/wash/damp??!

Just a question to see if anyone out there has had any bother with their VR Running like a bag of S***T after it pissing it down or after a good wash etc?!?

The ecu being in an exposed place wouldnt help matters to much?!?!?

What do you's reckon?!?

Cheers! :)

This probably won't help your issue, but our Mk2 GTI runs like a bag of spanners after getting very damp for about the first 5 minutes. Also, my Valver doesn't always start first time if its been raining or its got damp, so if anyone knows the answer to your question it might help figuring out whats up with mine.

100% coil pack is your problem easyest way to check is mist some water over it via a spray bottle if it arks and make the engine run poorly

theres your problem however some have fixed by putting new epoxy resin on em but i think this is a temp fix

i fitted beru leads and coilpack to mine, and solved the problem. Definatley try the spraying water test on the coilpack

well the thing is its got a nice new shiny coilpack already and put a new set of leads on it aswell!

But the problems still there!

It has thrown up a fault code with my Snap-on Ethios code reader though

Throttle position sensor short with ground intermittent?!? which i think was G69?!?

When i mentioned the ecu i just thought it might of been cause they never look in the best of nick on the outside(Hairy corrosion) If you know what i mean.

Cheers for the replies though guys!! :)