Europolo

Inch of water in rear footwell(passenger side)

In trouble...

the corrado has been parked up outside for the past few months and has took on alot of water... Its all gathering in the rear footwell (passenger side) and theres loads of it.. a couple of inches when I sponged it into a bucket :(

Now ive heard people on about the membrane behind the doorcards but I was kind of thinking it could be the heater matrix no?

Any one want to try diagnose the problem? whats most likely?

If you think its the matrix, wheres best to get one? Its a non air conditioning VR6

Any help would be much appreciated..

Thanks

Cliff

I would check the front scuttle panel fresh air intake. What sometimes happens is the scuttle drains block with leaves, then it rains and the scuttle area fills with water and it leaks through the air intake seal. I would take the air intake off and replace the seal and check the drains are not blocked.

Good Luck :D :D

Why would you disregard the obvious options of door membranes and scuttle drain etc and jump to the conclusion of heater matrix? The matrix tends to favour the driver's side and you would (should) be able to tell because it's coolant rather than water!

Order I'd eliminate things:

Scuttle cover/drain

Passenger door card/membrane

Other seals like the windscreen and sunroof (checking using a hose)

Matrix is a whole other job!

Ill get a look at that later on...

Dont think its the door membrane... beacuase the carpet along the sill when you open the door is dry... Its all just gathering in the back... At the seat rails...

Ill look into the scuttle cover... I put a mk2 jetta scuttle cover on a few months back, better check its not diverting water in anywhere... thanks...

Where it comes in past the door cards (or from the bulkhead area), doesn't necessarily mean that the front carpets should be wet. It's quite easy for the water to run to the back if it's on a slope and the back of the carpets is pretty coarse so the fronts could get away with being pretty dry.

Had the same problem in the same location. It was the air intake in the scuttle panel blocked with leaves and the seal had perished. REplaced with a new seal and some sealent for good measure and its been fine since. Deffo check that first.

Bad news... Had a serious root around today.. Its the heater matrix for sure... Its constantly dripping out from under the dash. The heater intake was clear and the door membrane's are grand...

So where can I get a matrix guys? its for a non air conditioned VR6?

Thanks

Please excuse my ignorance... Whats a valeo one?

I actually popped into my local motor factors and they had it listed in their catalogue... 40euro... about 35 punds sterling... Souns way too cheap surely?! They said its listed as a heater radiator for all corrados... and is same as a mk2 one? True?

i wrote this on another topic on water leaks as i had the same problem!

Check under the ecu just under the windscreen, there is a little hole dont know if a rubber bung goes there but i blocked mine up with a small screw and some dum dum. problem is now solved hope this helps.

Please excuse my ignorance... Whats a valeo one?

I actually popped into my local motor factors and they had it listed in their catalogue... 40euro... about 35 punds sterling... Souns way too cheap surely?! They said its listed as a heater radiator for all corrados... and is same as a mk2 one? True?

Valie would be the make. GSF have it listed at £38 so the factors are around the right price. GSF only list one for the Corrado so it appears to be the same one in all models.

I've got this problem in my passenger rear footwell. Just picked something up out of the car and it was wet, had a feel under the carpet and the soundproof is soaked. The water is abit oily/sticky which I'd say was coolant but I'm not loosing any coolant from the expansion tank so would I still be looking at heater matrix? How big a job is it to replace

I've got this problem in my passenger rear footwell. Just picked something up out of the car and it was wet, had a feel under the carpet and the soundproof is soaked. The water is abit oily/sticky which I'd say was coolant but I'm not loosing any coolant from the expansion tank so would I still be looking at heater matrix? How big a job is it to replace

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=23872&highlight=heater+matrix this might help, to show how bigger job it is, good luck