Jay23Sx

Oil Filter Quickie

Hi All,

Just a quickie: does anyone know what size oil filter cap/wrench I need to do a change on a 1.8 valver? I've already got a standard strap wrench but it still proved a right bugger to get off the last time, thought I'd try and make it even easier.

screwdriver and hammer works for me or am i just being rough !!!!

stu ...

Theres nothing wrong with showing a bit of muscle, I don't have many unfortunately :) I found the part, it was about £5 and I'll be using it this weekend.

VR uses replaceable elements, so don't whack a screwdriver through the outer case!

that e-bay tool is for the 4cyl cars, think you just need a spanner/socket for the VR

VR uses replaceable elements, so don't whack a screwdriver through the outer case!

that e-bay tool is for the 4cyl cars, think you just need a spanner/socket for the VR

yea on vr you can use a 36mm socket on the bottom of the filter houseing, but further up you have spanner flats all around the houseing for a tool similar to that ebay one,idd rather use that as its bigger and less likely to damage anything, just need to confirm its size? if not ill just use the socket.