CrazyDave

DG Autotech - Laser Cut 312mm Brake Caliper fitting kit.

Hot off the press ( laser machine 8) )

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC02109.jpg[/attachment:3tyzkzi8]

Laser cut stainless steel 312mm brake caliper fitting kit. We developed this kit when Gareth (OSV446) kindly let us tinker with his Raddo. The shields help keep all the road muck off the ABS sensors and stator wheel plus they look really great 8) .

You must have minimum 16" wheels for clearance. They are designed for the standard VW / Audi calipers but may fit other makes with a little trimming.

Included in the kit:

2 x Stainless steel brake shields

2 x Stainless steel spacer for 312mm caliper

4 x High tensile steel bolts (10.9)

4 x Stainless steel anti vibration washers

2 x Stainless steel screw (replaces the rusty one off the old brake shield)

Price for the complete kit is £59 + £6.50 P&P.

We can also supply braided front brake lines with all stainless fittings (teflon inner, stainless steel braid with clear outer PVC) to suit these @ £43 with a brake fitting kit or £49 + £4 P&P separate for a pair.

brake hoses 312.jpg[/attachment:3tyzkzi8]

We can take payment by Paypal, bank transfer or give me a ring on 01299 253373 and pay by card :)

The list:

Great product, one stop shop for easy 312mm brake fitment, no more hunting around for bolts, spacers and hoses. 8) Dust shields keeps everything clean too, as the stock items get binned when up grading.

Your spacer needs to be 1mm thinner because the shield fits between the spacer and the caliper. So it will fit if you machine 1mm off your spacer.

We thought about designing one but you can run the factory 280mm brake sheilds behind 288's so we thought there was no demand for for it.

But if enough people are interested im sure we could sort something out :D

Graham

We thought about designing one but you can run the factory 280mm brake sheilds behind 288's so we thought there was no demand for for it.

But if enough people are interested im sure we could sort something out :D

Graham

Oh ok I didnt know that :grin:

Will any of the shiny bolt hardware cross over for this conversion. Be nice to be able to buy quality bolts etc from one place

288's bolt straight onto VR hubs using the standard carrier bolts.

Theres no need for any speciali bolts etc, you just need some different brake hose to match the calipers.

The only thing we could supply for a 288 conversion is some full length brake sheilds to replace the (probably) rusty ones that are on the car and the hoses.

288's bolt straight onto VR hubs using the standard carrier bolts.

Theres no need for any speciali bolts etc, you just need some different brake hose to match the calipers.

The only thing we could supply for a 288 conversion is some full length brake sheilds to replace the (probably) rusty ones that are on the car and the hoses.

Damn no shiny bits! :( LOL

How much are the replacement shields from you. I am sure I probably need some.

Also you may as well quote for brake lines as well. Sorry for spamming up the thread a little.

Cheers

Matt

Sheilds are £25 and the hoses are £49 plus postage.

We should have the first batch of hoses in today so look out for some pics later.

Ok great will do that.

Take it the hoses are made up to your own spec then rather than being the generic Goodridge, any differences between the two?

Awesome. The little DG logo is a neat touch :)

I have heard that the DG is nothing to do with Dave & Graham but is something to do with a fashion house.

Dolce & Gabbana are branching out I believe :D

LMAO :lol:

Daves the one on the right incase anyones wondering :D

Leonard - The brake pipes are made to our own spec they have a teflon inner hose with a stainless steel braid and a clear plastic outer coat and all the fittings are stainless, Goodridge stuff is usually zinc plated unless you order stainless which probably works out to a similar price.

Graham

Are you sure you're not the one on the right???..... :lol:

Philmo, the calipers are a different shape so most likely won't fit without a bit of trimming. Easy for a man with your talents 8)

I thought it was common knowledge about you coming out Dave.

If you get any further into the closet youll be in Narnia!

..............Anyway back to the original post..................

They look superb- can see why you were looking so smug about them Dave! 8) Love the logo- any chance of that on my heatshield? :norty:

They look superb- can see why you were looking so smug about them Dave! 8) Love the logo- any chance of that on my heatshield? :norty:

Propoganda is our specialty!