Sign in to follow this  
eugopnosaj

Roof lining coming off

Hey guys I'm having a problem with the roof lining, its started to peel?/come away from the cardboard backing and i don't know what i should do to fix it...any ideas? Or does someone maybe have a decent enough replacement, i have got another but it is grubby and when i was removing it the wind caught it and it bent slightly so i don't know what it would look like. I'd rather try and fix the one ive got because im guessing it would be easier than trying to replace it, would something like spray mount (spray glue) do the job?

Thanks

I stuck mine up with high strength spray adhesive and it fell down again in months. Ended up replacing it with a good one. The foam breaks down between the cardboard and the material and when you re glue it you are just gluing the material back to foam that has already started to break down. It won't last.... :?

Critical mass i wasnt going to use superglue, i was going to use spray glue. I might still use that for a while until i can locate a decent one. Ill see how my other one fairs up, it might not be too bad even if it has a fold in the card backing

Critical mass i wasnt going to use superglue, i was going to use spray glue. I might still use that for a while until i can locate a decent one. Ill see how my other one fairs up, it might not be too bad even if it has a fold in the card backing

You've nothing to lose, so yeah, you may as well give it a whirl. Let us al know how you get on :D

Ill see how my other one fairs up, it might not be too bad even if it has a fold in the card backing

Just flatten it out and reinforce it with fibre-glass or something similar on the reverse side, you can then scrub the visible side with some soapy water and a nail brush and hose it clean with fresh water, worked a bloody treat on mine :clap: ......just don't try it on your sun-roof trim - nightmare, cloth came adrift!!! :( :camp:

If I had to do it again I'd glue-gun around all the edges and then just bleach it/rinse it flat, allow to dry and then apply thinned PVA glue to set it so it CAN NOT sag ever! 8)

Replacement trim sorted me.....eventually. :cheers:

Ill see how my other one fairs up, it might not be too bad even if it has a fold in the card backing

Just flatten it out and reinforce it with fibre-glass or something similar on the reverse side, you can then scrub the visible side with some soapy water and a nail brush and hose it clean with fresh water, worked a bloody treat on mine :clap: ......just don't try it on your sun-roof trim - nightmare, cloth came adrift!!! :( :camp:

If I had to do it again I'd glue-gun around all the edges and then just bleach it/rinse it flat, allow to dry and then apply thinned PVA glue to set it so it CAN NOT sag ever! 8)

Replacement trim sorted me.....eventually. :cheers:

I'm liking that idea, ill spray glue the one thats in at the moment while i get the other one sorted. What do you mean by glue gunning around the edges? How does that help?

Thanks for the ideas

Sorry I didn't mean the headliner - with the sunroof trim the material is stretched and then stuck on so if it comes off it's a right tw@t to re-attach nicely. If you can glue gun round the edges it's a lot less likely to peel off in the first place.

What do you mean by glue gunning around the edges? How does that help?

Sorry I meant glue-gun the sun-roof not the headliner - with the sunroof trim the material is stretched and then stuck on so if it comes off it's a right tw@t to re-attach nicely. If you can glue gun round the edges it's a lot less likely to peel off in the first place.