Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

My Passat replacement - wanted a C but settled for this

Hated these when they were new but seemed to have aged really well. Bought it as a bit of a project car to be honest, body and trim and superb, I will gradually go through it mechanically - must be getting old as solidity and comfort are taking a higher priority

Can't believe I'm going back down to a mere two litre but the car was too nice to turn down - I was looking for a Corrado again but for the money I got the Audi for the Corrados just did not come close in terms of condition

love them, if they didn't make the corrado i would have one of them.

my dads have a couple of the saloon versions and i usually pass a guy going the opposite way in a black coupe one when going to work

I know that they are not quick (in 2 litre 16V guise anyway) and don't handle particulary well as standard but fully intend to sort out the handling in due course. They just look so elegant nowadays

I used to like these cars untill i drove a friends one (with a Koni suspension kit), they feel like a boat compared to the Corrado!

They are marginally more spacious and these last models in the dark purple colour looked fantastic . Try and drive one that has been lowered or has a different suspension before you sort the handling out as being used to a corrado it may dissapoint you.

Majik - fortunately I wasn't after the ultimate in handling finesse - I know the Audi disappoints in that area, just fancied something else to the Passat which has been great for three years and when this was offered to me I thought "why not".

I know what you mean, the sharp handling of the Corrado is good when u need it but i do prefer a comfortable non bumpy drive now, must be getting old!

a nice wee purchase, always liked these too, they did a 5 cylinder 2.5 didn't they as well i think :scratch:

aide - yes, the early ones were 2.3 litre 5 cylinder and of course the S2 which was a 2.2 litre turbo. Engine in the one I have bought is the trusty 2 litre 16v lump

Jim - I think so, must admit to not doing a lot of research, I was actually close to buying a Peugeot 309GTi Goodwood and this came up out of the blue, was offered at a price that needed a very quick response :D

This the 9A engine mate?

6a or later ace.

The 6a is pretty much the same as a 9a tbh.

Sorry i'm an audi pervert and that is a beaut of a car. :clap:

I soo want an s2 but i'd settle for one of those too.

Same route that my mate Dirk has taken, now after 5 years of Audi Coupe goodness (he had the 5-pot 10 valver, so sound was gorgeous, but not the same oomph as my business colleague´s S4 has), he´s ¨moved on¨ to a BMW 523i LPG (nice drive, too, as I found out 2 weekends ago).

Tempest

i had a 2.0 16v and i loved it leather interior, slammed on 17s looked sweet but mine was very thirsty 16 to the gallon :( otherwise i would still own it :(