Sign in to follow this  
pt_corrado

Rado G60 ECU VS Golf G60 ECU

Hello, my question is, there are any kind of differences between these 2?

I saw severan part numbers but dont know if only changes the part num.

for example, i have one ecu with the number "037 906 022 EH", also have "0 261 200 553".

Sorry for my bad english, hope you guys can talk a little bit about this treat.

regards

'I think' the Golf G60 ecu is capable of measuring more boost pressure than the Corrado ECU, meaning it will still manage the fueling over 1bar rather then bleading off the boost through the isv, I cant find the thread now but it's been mentioned on here before.

VAGs ECUs are numbered NNN nnn nnn xx where:

NNN = chassis designation (the same ecu hardware can be fitted to several different models)

nnn nnn = part code (the actual hardware)

xx = software revision (model specific)

So assuming the nnn nnn are the same as yours then its only different software and *should* be ok. There are a few oddities though, like there is a version of the Rallye software that uses the O2 sensor full time, whereas the standard G60 only uses it at idle. Same for the Cali G60 too, to limit emissions.

The ten digit number is the Bosch part code. I don't know how they work though.

this ECU comes from a corrado , but i bought the wiring harness and the ECU. and when i start to watch it closer :shock: i have seen that the ECU are from 1998 .

any one of you have the same ECU model or could say me anything about it?

digi2x.jpg

digi1f.jpg

That is an interesting one :? That part number is for Golf & Jetta Syncro & Rallye 86-91, for both PG (G60) and 1H (Rallye) motors.

The manufacturing date of 1998 implies it is a factory replacement for the original unit, although one would expect it to be 037 997 022 X in that case :scratch:

You shouldn't have any compatibility problems with it in a Corrado though, since it will run the PG motor.

the main difference is that corrado engines run the smaller green injectors, the golf and rallyes run grey injectors with higher capacity. Put a corrado ecu on a golf and it will get too much fuel, run a golf ecu on a corrado and it will run lean. Think the simple answer is just to swap the chips over. Though might not be that simple.

Think the simple answer is just to swap the chips over. Though might not be that simple.

Or just swap the green injector to the grey ones :norty: :norty: :norty: :norty: ?