Sign in to follow this  
mimjed

manifold to block stud help

long story short vw have given me the wrong part.

n 100 917 01 looks to me to be an m10 stud where as i was certain it was m8 studs i was taking out. i said this but was told these are what i asked for.

now ive had a good look at them i think they are for the manifold to downpipe.

anyone know the size and length, part number maybe? cost £60 for 8 studs and 8 stover nuts

im 99.9% sure they should be m8, pitch 1.25 and length (only guessing) about 20mm ish?

what engine?On my vr6 they were m10 studs from manifold to downpipe with course thread 1.5mm or is it 1.25?the m8 ones were from cylinder head to manifold

vagcat.com Is a good website for all your wanted part numbers, sign in then look at catalogue.

Its a standard M8 exhaust stud. GSF keep them in stock, as do most decent exhaust places. GSF usuallt have the copper coated nuts too, and they are only a few pence.

thanks for replies. the correct studs are m8 x 18 pitch 1.25. got part numbers now, diagrams on vagcat not that clear? any other sites?

they are for a g60 (pg). m10 pitch is normally 1.50. i worked at a fastener place for about 18 months so im fairly good with sizes etc.

best bit is i told them i was fitting a four branch and was asking about solid front mounts, so why id want studs for something that wont be there is beyond me.

need to take back to vw, so if they dont have on the shelf then gsf it is.

thank you