Sign in to follow this  
ross.taylor

Paintwork Touchup or full respray?

The paintwork on my 16V is looking a bit sorry. Virtually every panel has something wrong with it. I'm wondering how much it is going to be to get it sorted out. Am I going to be able to keep it slightly cheaper by just getting the small areas touched up, or am I looking at a full respray?

Virtually all of the damage happened before I bought the car 2 years ago, but it did mean that I got a very good price.

-Keyed down both sides right from front wing to back wing - not to deep, goes into undercoat in one or 2 tiny places.

-Rubbish paint job on bonnet - must have been replaced at some point.

-Rubbish paint job on passenger side wing - "

-Front bumper quite scraped up - very small crumple on one corner

-Passenger door has been dented at some point, sort of half repaired - but still not straight

-Rubber bump strips have been removed leaving a slightly raised line down both sides - theres nothing left on the paint its just obvious where they were

-Drivers side mirror body cracked and scraped.

-Sunroof scraped in one corner down to undercoat - guess that it was not opening properly at some point.

-Rear bumper scraped on both corners - I guess from bad parking.

-Drivers door does not quite fit correctly - slightly to far forward I think.

Now I read this it is a rather long list. The car had 6 owners before me I guess that at least some of them were a little less than caring!

So there any way that I can get this lot sorted on the cheaper side of bloody expensive? Estimates?

its hard to give estimates without seeing the car,but by the sounds of it i would say your better off getting a full respray,and prices will vary,depends on where you live..for a good full bare matal respray your talking some where in the region of 1-2k

Alex,

just looked at your Yahoo picture site, where did you get that new front its awesome.

Rik

which one mate???

if you mean the two pics of the front bumper (one with flames over the bonne) that was designed by me with a little help from Jim on this forum but it was never made sadly :(

DSP who I gave the original design to have made a similar one but not 100% the same

I do have a new different front bumper that going on to the car but no pics of it yet

My car has a couple of wee dodgy bits too - found out that I couldnt even get a touch-up kit for Dark Burgundy so had to get a spray can- plan on just spraying it into a wee tub then applying with a brush and t-cutting to blend. Areas are only very small - does that sound do-able? Any better tips?