Sign in to follow this  
samthegram

Lighweight battery, braille etc...

Are they any good for a corrado? To add a bit more detail I have no abs or large stereo set up although i still have power steering and leccy windows. Do they require any special treatment ie charging/tricke charging? They seem to be an easy way to loose 10kg or more.

I had the Braille 15lb battery in mine and it's fine if you use the car every day because you can't leave it much more than 2 days between starts.

The Odyssey PC1200 44ah is worth a look. Not especially light at 16Kg but my VAG 75ah diesel spec battery (more lead plates) for comparison weighs over 20Kg, so there's a bit of weight saving.

44ah doesn't sound a lot but the Odysseys have more grunt for their size compared to other batteries and they don't drop the voltage. Mine's been sat on the shelf for over a year and it still has 12.3V accross it. Just haven't got round to fitting it in the car neatly yet! They're fully sealed aswell, so can be mounted internally and at any angle for better weight distribution 8)