Sign in to follow this  
Gareth

Vernier Pully For Cam

Hi i'm a new user of this forum so this is my first Q.... ive owned my corrado G60 for 3 months and want to put a vernier pully on it so i can have it tuned to the max potential on a rolling road...... basically im just after advice....... is it worth it?.... if yes which one to buy?.... and any other advice would be grateful :D

welcome aboard mate, you corrado-forum virgin ;) :D

I'm sure your question will be answered ASAP :)

Thera

Thanx for the welcome m8.... im sure i'll b useing this forum for a long time to come as i love my corrado.... not keen on the colour :roll: but cant have everything can we :)

Welcome to the forum Gareth.

I'd save your cash for a chip and pulley following the obligatory charger rebuild.

You are unlikely to gain much if anything from fitting a vernier on it's own.

Gavin

The car was fitted with a stage 4 Jabba charger b4 i bought the car im not sure bout the chip. The car has done about 7k since the upgrade. i was just thinking bout getting the timing spot on..... I have K'n'N panel replacment to fit also... was just thinking bout getting the work done all together with a pully, cam belt and all service parts..... do u not think any improvment will b made from fitting the pully?

It is possible that the charger has been fettled and that chip and pulley are std. You need to confirm the state of play there first.

Assuming that the timing marks are right and not off a tooth, I don't think you'll get more than a couple of horsepower. Not worth the rolling road time or the cost of a pulley to find out.

If you have a chip and pulley already, then find the extra for a cam and vernier. You would notice the difference.

Seriously, I have spent plenty, messing with this stuff over many years. Get what you have already going as good as it can.

Horsepower claims are great down the pub. MaxPower years ago got an 8BHP increase on a 1.9 205GTI by fitting Splitfire plugs. Thing is, if the 205 had been neglected since leaving the showroom, practically any new sparkplug would have done the same thing.

You really do need to make sure everything is in top shape. Plugs, leads, dissy cap and rotor. Knock sensor, clean the airfilter, make sure that it is fed with the coldest air you can. Do you have a cat? Can you legally get rid of it?

To fit the pulley and set it up is a pretty complex thing. You can do it all with dial gauges and stuff or swing it on the rollers and do runs in between adjustments. All costly in terms of time.

You would do better by using optimax and then advancing the timing with the dissy a bit at a time until you hear pinking. Then back it off again til it stops.

DISCLAIMER.

The above is all just my opinion. :roll: Hopefully no one will take offence and have a go at me.

:lol:

Gavin

In fact spend your pulley money on a headlight loom, so you can go faster at night! 8)

the cat has been removed and i run on optimax all the time as long as my local station doesnt run out which has happend :( ... i'll look into the pully n chip thing thanx 4 all ur help...:)

No really that is more dependant on the amount of boost you are getting.

Pitstop/Gwerks/SNS territory

Gavin

wen i bought the car i checked the engineering menu n looked at the value then refered to the instructions i had the value was above what i had on paper... if u know what i meen.... so its above 14 psi..... is there a more accurate method of measuring the psi?..... i found the info bout the engineering menu on a US site...