Sign in to follow this  
g6092

G60 Cooling System. PLZ HELP ME

Hello there im new 2 this. I brough my 1st G60 back in jan 08 which i love and miss. In nov 08 i loss my baby in 2 a sign at 80mph cos of the brakes line spit. :( I was not going 2 let this stop me so i brough a G60 that as a bad way so im in the middle of bring it back 2 life :cuckoo: but i have hit a prob and hope some1 can help me? :help:

I have taken out my old G60 lump out cos 3weeks b4 i lost it i had the head rebuilt so i drop it in 2 my new 1 but it runs better than ever but i cant get the cooling system 2 work. The heater in the car will not give out any hot air and all it keeps doing is boiling over i have try 12 - 15 times 2 do it but it will not do it. :censored:

I have filled it up by the top hose off the rad taken out the thermostat check it and put it back. When i boil it up the bottem hose gets hot. Im started 2 check is there is any blocked hoses any were but dont think there is.

Can any 1 HELP ME PLZ

Dom :scratch:

Flushed my system once, topped up, but it would just boil over everytime. Checked every pipe all ok. Was baffled.

Ended up taking it to the local garage, who were also scratching their heads until they though "lets try the basics".

So pressure tested the coolant tank blue screw on cap. Somehow in my cack-handed way I'd crimped a small bit of the rubber seal.

New cap ordered and put on. Problem solved! :clap:

Probably not this, but always work a look.

Sounds to me like the thermostat is not opening, you will also not get any heat as there are probably bypass valves fitted into your heater matrix pipes that will be shutting due to excess pressure, and may even be totally shot.

Hi mate,

Have you run it without the cap on while squeezing top/bottom hoses with both hands? They can be a bugger for air locks. Otherwise it does souns like possible thermostat.

Neil.

Just a bit of a up date on this. I have been working on this all morning and taken out the thermostat and didnt put 1 back in :D. Now the fan will not kick in :epicfail: dont know wot 2 do now...............

While the car is running, can you see any coolant going into the expansion tank via the small pipe? Raise the rpm a little to make sure that there is.

If not, it may be the water pump that's failed.

Neil.

posting difficulties - runing without thermostat after overheating probs and after long journey in cold morning started revving uncontrollably is this a normal effect?!

posting difficulties - runing without thermostat after overheating probs and after long journey in cold morning started revving uncontrollably is this a normal effect?!

blue temp sender probbably

Hmm maybe will check wiring - have recently changed it and water flange it goes in (the flange incedently had a extra port underneath which I fitted a spare sensor in to plug it!!)

actually water level may be bit low which could be throwing out a bad reading if not immersed I guess?

any tips of fitting the thermostat properly from below with the pump in place? this was what prompted me to just take it out

Check also that silly little return hose stub on the expansion bottle ain't blocked.

Are the internal heater matrix's hoses hot?,both of them?.

this was an odd one my revving problem has gone away after a journey flicking the gas peddle up when it stuck (pull off in first gear on the gas, clutch, quickly flick accelerator peddle up with top of right foot, engage 2nd gear, lift clutch, back on gas)

cooling not good as noticed thermostat opening wasn't as large as original, have to put original back in when I'm under there again - which might be tonight as starter now giving me jip.