Sign in to follow this  
Brooksie

ABS codes help

hey guys i no their are loads of threads on here but my mechanic is struggling with the one code that keeps appearing on the scanner its a snap on scanner if that helps an the code is GR45, any help is appreciated as this is stopping me from getting my mot ticket, the front sensors have been replaced an the rears needed cleaning which is done an their was a break in the drivers side abs cable which has been change.

Also my emissions test was a fail too so apart from the cat what else can cause the emissions to go high im new to the corrado ownership an still learning their lingo lol

The car is a 93 VR6

Thanks for any help :D :D

Keith

cat, lambda probe, fuel mix are probably the best place to start assuming your car isnt showing any other problems other than high emissions.

Big thanks :clap: to Millerman today for plugging vagcom into my Corrado to see what codes lay behind my recent ABS warning light issue. What came up was 00793 Brake pedal position sensor G100 (35-00. With a quick reset there's be no re-appearance...fingers crossed. However intrigued to know what this code means? All I know is the brake pedal is still between the accelerator and clutch and works, as well as can be on standard brakes.

What did it say under the code??

The BPPS is located under the master cyl on the servo - easy enough to change.

Like most sensors on a car that is over 12 years old it could probably do with changing for a new one.

What did it say under the code??

The BPPS is located under the master cyl on the servo - easy enough to change.

Like most sensors on a car that is over 12 years old it could probably do with changing for a new one.

Ummm - don't know :shrug: I'm still new to all this diy fault interrogation. Anyway many thanks for the help and it's good to know it's not in some difficult to reach location.

Anyway many thanks for the help and it's good to know it's not in some difficult to reach location.

:) - I didn't say that.... you need a mirror and lots of patience.

Back to what I said earlier - it's not a magnetic sensor like the wheel ones so I would only bother changing it if the code comes back again

Definately fiddly to change, but not hard.

When mine died, the ABS would be OK for a random period of time then fail.

The sensor is mechanical, so will be quite worn by now.