Sign in to follow this  
DanVW

A few G60 mod queries

Hey All,

I have been collecting parts for a big rebuild this coming summer 8) and recently got myself the bits shown in the attached pic however I'm not sure why the Pipe circled in Red has a tube welded in it (also circled in Red) I assume this pipe fits between the the inlet manifold and the std boost pipework but if someone could let me know what is supposed to plug into this outlet it would be much appreciated :)

Also I now have a spare ECU with an SNS chip already fitted, the Chip has the following code stamped on the top: G60-GN-003 (Stage 5) does this relate to the code used in the chip? I'm trying to work out what injectors etc this chip is setup for as the guy I got it from was not too sure.

I'm currently running std management with std injectors but planning on going to 68mm pully, and maybe a set of Red tops with a 3.5bar FPR (as I guess the drop in pully size will mean the red tops and FPR are needed?)

Cheers All

Dan

Seem to remember this being advertised for a g40 at one point, but cant be certain.

Measure the pipe, if its 63mm then it should be for the inlet. If this is the case, the pipe coming off can be blanked or linked to isv via a silicone hose. Should be 25mm.

I have stage four charger 68mm chip and pulley, standard green tops are fine for me.

Looks like it might be for the isv, I've seen them re-routed to there when the boost return has been deleted (instead of venting them to atmosphere)

Yea doing some pic hunting (google image search G60 + Boost) returned quite a few shots of the ISV rerouted into the Boost inlet as they had deleted the boost return, I'm not convinced thats such a good idea really as the ISV is supposed to bleed off excess boost once the limit of the Map senser is reached (1bar iirc?) so I assume that at WOT you could end up under fueling and melting a piston with this setup :gag:

That's correct mate, rerouting the isv directly back into the inlet isn't the best idea. It's absolutely pointless achieving over 1bar as the map sensor won't read it.

Neil.

We've bin down this road before, so ill keep it short. Stage four charger plus 68 mm pulley should produce 17 psi if running correctly.

lol thanks, was just looking at your spec did you notice much difference going to a 68mm pully? Think I'm going to have to get a decent FMIC too but just want to make sure I make the most of the extra boost the smaller pully will provide.

Aye, plenty of chargers out there will be producing above 15psi, but not many will be using the extra boost. And ideally you want lower boost figures through better flow anyway. That's where the power is, not necasarilly in more boost.

When i build my new engine, i want it going normally aspirated! and then i can look at feeding it more boost by using something like the above. Pointless while you have high boost figures/poor flow imo. The g60 heads/inlet manifold/exhaust manifold are massively restrictive. :gag:

Neil.

Id love to say that the pulley makes a huge difference, but sadly it doesnt.

You know its there, and it does pull through the revs better, but dont expect a ferrari killer.

Fmic is much the same but makes less of a difference. Lets face england is cold most of the time.

Yea the std boost setup is :cuckoo: but I do want to keep the G rather than move to BBM ro Turbo, think the long term plan will be a charge cooler with a 4 branch and maybe one of those big valve Gwerks heads :grin: but this summers plan is to give the engine a good overhaul, changer rebuild and get the smaller pully on.

SNS came back today to let me know the chip I have is setup for a 68mm pully with 3.5 bar fpr and std injectors so not much to change there :clap:

Good stuff about sns.

Yeah i share the same view and im pretty much doing same to mine at the mo, just seals, gaskets, charger. But i thoughti might as well do four branch, ss exhaust, fmic etc while im dickin around.