Sign in to follow this  
StormchargedVR6

Hidden Treasure

Check this out, found it on ED38 site. Shame about the tow bar, but still a nice car :) but not for sale.

what do you think of this i found in my next door neighbours garage its one owner and has covered a massive 4800 miles from new

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfPhoto0115.jpg[/attachment:3lxbk2mf]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfPhoto0116.jpg[/attachment:3lxbk2mf]

Photo0117.jpg[/attachment:3lxbk2mf]

Wow

Now thats one rado deffinatly worthy of a hefty price tag if it was ever up for sale.

Wow

Now thats one rado deffinatly worthy of a hefty price tag if it was ever up for sale.

Especially with the storm badge :)

Clocked and re-badged?

Average of 1 mile a day over 14 years to and from the caravan site :wink:

Would need a serious amount of re-commissioning I would imagine. Trouble is with a car like that is that you could not buy it and then use it regularly, so much of the price would be due to the low mileage, remove that and you just have another nice VR6

Yeah likewise, I'm not sure I'd want to pay top whack for a car that's done that amount of miles in 14 years. I might take it off his hands for a couple of grand though ;)

I just think you'd feel guilty every time you drove it!

Yeah likewise, I'm not sure I'd want to pay top whack for a car that's done that amount of miles in 14 years. I might take it off his hands for a couple of grand though ;)

:shrug: I wouldn't. It was built to be driven, and the feel of a "nearly new" VR would be interesting. Wonder how much the suspension rubbers have deteriorated though?

:shrug: I wouldn't. It was built to be driven, and the feel of a "nearly new" VR would be interesting. Wonder how much the suspension rubbers have deteriorated though?

I bet yours would drive/handle better than this one mate after all your running gear has nice new bushes ;-) this ones are still 15 years old!

Blackberry Storm - the holy grail! :roll:

Probably would drive like new tbh, rubber doesn't seem to wear / perish much at all if not used and especially if it's been kept in that garage the whole time - superb!

Crikey! Look at the paint - it's perfect. Lowest mileage Corrado find ever?

Bit of a double edged sword really - fantastic to see one in timewarp condition, but also kinda tragic that it's sat in a garage all of its life really! As others have said, they're designed to be driven - not bloody looked at!!

Wow, what a find! The badges *could* have been put on by the dealer- especially as it's a N reg. Dave's has Storm badges and Solitudes. That paint looks wonderful 8)

Crikey! Look at the paint - it's perfect. Lowest mileage Corrado find ever?

Bit of a double edged sword really - fantastic to see one in timewarp condition, but also kinda tragic that it's sat in a garage all of its life really! As others have said, they're designed to be driven - not bloody looked at!!

Totally agree........ I see people are putting their Corrados in for the winter were I can't wait for the first bit of snow to see how the VRT 4x4 runs. As for the find its a blackberry so as no-one has done it yet 1st dibs on it................. :norty: :grin: beat you all.................

Where was it found........anyone know?..............why the storm badges............not that thats a worry as they will probably be in top nick there's a £100 in badges

It can't be a genuine Storm - you couldn't stick a couple of badges and slightly bigger shoes on a donkey and call it a Storm.

It can't be a genuine Storm - you couldn't stick a couple of badges and slightly bigger shoes on a donkey and call it a Storm.

Shows how much you know Tom. Bear in mind I haven't got around to fitting the Sollihoofs yet though...

Shows how much you know Tom. Bear in mind I haven't got around to fitting the Sollihoofs yet though...

:lol:

Class!

Mmmm nice tow- bar.... is the rear bumper butchered to fit it ???

Love the rado in that colour. should of done a storm in this colour :nuts:

As for people putting cars away for winter..... mine's not even come out this year in the summer. :cuckoo: