Sign in to follow this  
Flexso

My Old Corrado (what a joke!)

Hi Guys,

I dont know if this is just me thinking this but I sold my lovely grey 16v last year for £1000. It has just come up on Pistonheads for £2800!!!!!!!

Seriously that is one hell of a boost in price! What is with people these days. They think they can get silly money for some cars. I saw it happen on Edition38 where someone bought a g60 for £3000 then tried to sell it on a different website for £4500!

http://pistonheads.com/sales/1342847.htm

Looks to me like you sold it too cheap!

Looking back I think I think it was worth £1400 but I had already bought a VR6, so it had to go quick. He did get himself a bargain.

Just shame to see it go up for sale so soon and at such G60/VR6 price.

Yea, it goes happen. I sold my last valver for £1200, literally 2 weeks later on i saw it for sale at £1500

what all the 'ultra rare Oettinger' business? Is it similar to ultra rare Karmann?

No, this is actually a bit rare, some rados were fettled by Oettinger. I believe it was head work and suspenders mainly.

Mike, that bloke is a cheeky beggar! :p

what all the 'ultra rare Oettinger' business? Is it similar to ultra rare Karmann?

No, this is actually a bit rare, some rados were fettled by Oettinger. I believe it was head work and suspenders mainly.

Yeh Jim, I would love to know how much he get for it in the end.

Didn't they have a different front grill and unique wheels?

So glad some of you C owners have some sense, I have owned 4 C's over the last 10 yrs. When looking for the lastest one just got plain sick of all this "classic car" bull and stupid top gear links on every F'ing advert :censored: .

I thinks its a flipin joke some people want 5-9k for a standard VR6 with a shit load of miles and the ones selling storms just think they are gods.

come on guys the Corrado is still just an enthusiast car, yes it will be a classic when there are about 50 left running in 10-15yrs time but even still will never be a e-type Jag or Ferrari 250 GTO it will be lucky to even get the Audi quatrro cult status.

you just have to look at a forum members car wich has been tuned, modded, repainted, uprated and generally worked on all round they will ask for 4-5k with seems at least fair for all the work your getting a work of art.

:censored: :mad2: :p :censored: sorry rant over!

Just cos a car is up for a certain price doesn't mean it'll sell for it...

A few months ago the car prices were very low. They're now starting to increase again, possibly due to the cash for clunkers scheme meaning there's less 2nd hand cars out there over a certain age? Not sure on this as don't know what the take up was on that offer...

Either way if he's priced it too high then people simply won't pay him...