Sign in to follow this  
D-REG GOLF G60

G60 engine

hi im doin a g60 conversion to a mk2 golf with a corrado loom,does anyone have or know where i can get a wiring diagram from.as im not sure where all the wires go by the fusebox? :help:

i do need a full wiring diagram,i think i mite need a later light loom,as some of the plug connections are different,my loom is out of a h-reg but i think j-reg loom is different? :wave: :help:

The full light loom from the engine bay? Not sure if they are different but I still have it from the car the main loom came from.

yeah the light loom in engine bay,mine is a golf loom coz thats wot im putting the engine in,there is a few single plugs :scratch: :shrug: ,it mite be easier if you could take a pic or just have look at your car mate,if that ent to much trouble. :help:

I have just done this conversion. You only need to remove the engine loom, that is 3 plugs. I will have to try and find you the location of these from my Bentley Manual. It is just plug and play, very easy on the late fuse box.

Yeah G60 into a G reg Mk2. Just leave your light loom original golf, you don't need to touch this. Still need to get location of the plugs you need to remove and replace with the G60 engine loom. I live in Worcs mate - Kidderminster.

Ah, did not realise you were talking about an early car. Right, yes you need to swap the loom for the lights, or adapt you current loom with later connector blocks for the fuse box

ive changed the loom to a h-reg aleady,so i just need to know where the last few connectors go,shall i find out the colours of the wires and plugs,then you can have a look at your car or manual mate? :salute:

alrite mate if looked at my loom,all the wires are by the fusebox,on the engine bay loom,yellow plug with yellow wire,yellow plug with yellow/blue wire,red plug with two brown,two red/blue wires? :scratch: light loom,yellow plug with green wire,clear plug with blue/white wire,black plug with red/white, :shrug: interior loom,red plug with green/white,black plug with red wire,clear plug with white/yellow wire,interior light,black plug with red wire,brown plug and wire. :help: i hope you can make sense of this mate? :salute:

Sorry been distracted with the VR I just bought that is not running right:

Had a look at your description, then looked at the manual. Not really getting what you are saying. The main reason is that your plug colours would result in large gaps in the back of the fusebox.

It might be best to buy the manual. They are expensive new @ about £80 but worth it. I got mine free with a car but smugness is not required!! :nono:

Can someone tell me wether a late CORRADO vr6 light loom is the same as a late CORRADO G60 light loom,i think i need to get one to do my conversion as ive got a late engine loom and my golf gti light loom dont link up,after nearly completing the engine bay :cuckoo: :brickwall: :help:

have a look at the colour of the wiring of your current light loom against the corrado vr loom. Hopefully you will see the same colours and if that is the case it should be a case of splicing the later plugs onto your earlier loom.

Best bet would be to get a late Golf lighting loom, it was made for your car.

Alternativily I have a Corrado G60 loom in my garage, if you want to make me an offer on that you can have it. Plus if you pick up I will see if I can help you with the conversion having done the same thing on my Mk2 (allbeit on a late spec car)

i have a h-reg light loom in mine already,and a j-reg corado engine loom which looks like a late one,what reg is ur engine loom out of?i will try and get some pics up of the wires that are confusing me.thanks mate :salute:

Should all plug into the back of your fusebox then.

My Golf is a G reg and the Corrado was a J. It went a piece of pi55.

Lets see these photos, it might allow me to help.