Sign in to follow this  
D-REG GOLF G60

G60 engine

i know thats what i thought,ive been told that you can get a late and a early j-reg?passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf2003_0101Image0013.JPG[/attachment:18bcubdr]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf2003_0101Image0028.JPG[/attachment:18bcubdr]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf2003_0101Image0030.JPG[/attachment:18bcubdr]2003_0101Image0017.JPG[/attachment:18bcubdr] i av more wires 4 u to look at bt cant get um up 4 sum reason will av 2do it 2mo mate. :salute:

It looks like the Corrado takes an extra power feed to run the radiator fan. I have used the original Gti loom. You have made me wonder if that is the reason I don't have a working fan that comes on with the thermoswitch. In the mean time I have just wired it up to a toggle switch in the car and run it manually.

I think just use the Golf loom for the time being (unless someone else has an answer), get the car running and see if your fan kicks in off the thermoswitch.

Next photos please... :D

oh rite ok mate,my g60 loom is a golf 1,wuld u connect that extra wire to a toggle switch like u av?i still cant get any pics up will try again 2mo.do ur alternater wires cum from ur light loom or engine loom? :help:

just checked. The extra wire is the feed from the fan run on relay. I am running neither that or the fuel run on. You could connect a toggle switch. As for you alternator wiring, most runs between the alternator and starter and then on to battery. All this loom is seperate from the engine loom.

ok cool,where did u find that out,in ur manual?which 1 is the fuel on?ok ive just sorted out the alternator loom,bt there is this extra plug,its the blue wire wiv a single plug connecter by the starter motor?2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfcorrado1.JPG[/attachment:2b6uikma]then there is this one which i think is for a electronic speedo drive?if so wot did u do wiv it?and wot speedo cable did u use?corrado2.JPG[/attachment:2b6uikma]

OK well that blue wire is hanging free on my car, not sure what it does, another thing to find out as it is not apparent where it goes other than for something on the cable change box (which I did not use as using the old 8v rod box.) Because I am using the rod box I am using the cable drive with the small plastic red cog on the end that is also 8v spec. As for the electronic speedo wires, I would just tie it up somewhere.

I will be having another look at the wiring diagrams to see what that blue wire does. By the way if you use it the fuel after run it is relay 90 that will sit on top of your fuse box.

ok then mate thankz,oh rite how cum u used ur old gti box?ill av to take sum pics of the loom inside,wot do u use instead of using that relay?can u put up sum pics of ur g60,wot av u dun to urs engine wise?

Don't worry about using the run on relays, they are useful to have on a very hot engine as it helps cool it down once you turn it off, but not completely necessary in my opinion.

I used the original rod box because, a) it's easier to install, b) I get to keep the rod change which I much prefer to cable change, and c) I think the gear ratios are better, certainly 1st and 2nd are better so you can hit 60 in 2nd, plus the top end is slightly closer so 3rd onwards is quicker. I see it as a win -win situation. The only downside is cruising in top on the motorway means 80 @ 4k revs.

Currently mine is just running a 68mm pulley and a Merc Sprinter FMIC, everything else is standard. I need to get a chip for it but it runs really well on a standard chip, I do fear it will be running lean at the top end though. Got a Piper 268 degree cam to go in, red top injectors, and eventually it will run a big valve ported and flowed head. Should be seeing 225 - 230 bhp at this point

ok then mate thankz again,i will av to get sum pics of the loom by fusebox as it didnt av any relays on it,i didnt no u culd use a gti box ive sold so many of um,that sounds like a nice bit of kit,wots merc sprinter fmic?av u got any pics of ur motor?

Yeah will have to get some up at some point, problem is it needs a tidy and clean but will get some sorted. The merc sprinter intercooler comes off the sprinter van and is massive. Perfect fit on a mk2

I believe that it has something to do with the alternator dash light. ie it tells you whether it is operating properly. Mine is working as I must have used the 8v Mk2 wiring.

If you are about tomorrow, I will be taking the car up to the Oldbury meet, starts at about 8pm. If you don't know it, it is based on the Toys R Us carpark just of that big island near J2 M5. I don't know why but am assuming you are somewhere in the Birmingham area, but can't see where I have got that from.

Hi got sum more pics of my loom inside if u culd tell me where there go please mate?Corrado92.pdf2003_0101Image0028.JPG[/attachment:1xl19qqu]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf2003_0101Image0029.JPG[/attachment:1xl19qqu] had fun with my exhaust yestaday ive got a supersprint system and the middle box mounting points r facing the wrong way the twats,so i tried bending it and broke weld.climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf2003_0101Image0024.JPG[/attachment:1xl19qqu]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf2003_0101Image0025.JPG[/attachment:1xl19qqu]atleast the back box looks nice tho

Those extra wires don't mean anything to me, they are definately not part of the engine loom though. To be honest I would get it as far as you can, get it running and then you can snag these small things later. They are probably related to the old golf wiring loom and relate to something minor. You will soon find what they relate to as something like rear lights won't work. In which case you can tell me what is not working and I will tell you where it needs to go in your fuse box.

Could be, but can't think what extra they would run on a later engine. Don't worry about them for the moment, get the car to the point you can start it up and then they may become clearer.

90 should be on the engine loom, sits on top of the fusebox in it's own seperate holder.

You got a Golf G60 engine loom? Don't think I knew that. That would have been out of a left hand drive car so am surprised you got that to fit.

ah rite ok mate there isnt anywhere on the egnine loom 4 it 2go prehaps that red plug is ment 2 av a wire wiv a relay on it?wot colour r the wires that cum out of the back of ur 90 relay?ent that the feul 1 u said u didnt need ?oh rite i tried fitting a golf 1 bt it woz a mission so got a corrado 1 mate

Yeah I have not used the 90 one yet, though wiring goes into a black relay holder that slides onto the top of the fusebox. Don't worry about that at the moment, I will try and get a picture for you to show you what it is and where it sits