Sign in to follow this  
millerman

263 cams

hi all

im a noob

i am ordering the 263 cams in few days and i would like to know, do i just install it and it will work or is there some tunning needed, i also read that u guys say theres a need to remap what did u mean by remap

either way is there any tips on how to do these things coz i dont think theres any mechanic where i live that knows how to deal with vw engines

thanks

hi all

im a noob

i am ordering the 263 cams in few days and i would like to know, do i just install it and it will work or is there some tunning needed, i also read that u guys say theres a need to remap what did u mean by remap

either way is there any tips on how to do these things coz i dont think theres any mechanic where i live that knows how to deal with vw engines

thanks

Hi mate and welcome aboard!

Have a look at p2 - VAG-hag's comments - they're all true - I've driven his lots.

Also if you're thinking of going FI at sometime - they work well with this too. :D

Might as well drag this thread back up,

I'm going to be fitting some Autotech 262 cams in a couple of weeks and just trying to prepare as best I can, does anyone know the part number for the cam sprocket bolts as I've read that it's good to use a new set.

Vagcat seems to be down at the moment so I can't check myself.

Does anyone have any spare sprockets laying about?

Andy

Does anyone have any spare sprockets laying about?

Last time I checked they we're about £40 each, you will only need one though as the others easy to get off.

I destroyed my oem cam trying to get the sprocket off, in the end I got another 2nd hand set and took the sprocket off the inlet cam.

I'd have a nice new trigger sensor and sprocket waiting to go on if I we're you, make fitting and refitting if you ever sell so much easier.

No part numbers though I'm afraid as vagcat is also my savior

Are the sensor, sprocket and bolt on the front cam the same as on the rear?

£40 for a bolt sounds a bit excessive?!

Fortunately for you I did the same thing only last week :D Only the rear Cam has the plastic sender and both sprockets and bolts are the same part number front and back.

From memory the bill came in at £64 from VW but that also included a plenum gasket.

Hmm, Thanks for the info.

I think I'll still try and get a spare cam from someone and get the sprocket from that, can't really afford another 60 odd quid ontop of the mountain of other parts I've got to go on!

just found the receipt from VW

WN 10203803 = Bolt @ £1.55

W021905163 = Phase sender @ £9.27

W02110911G = Sprocket @ £35.79

Add 17.5 % for vat

Thanks a lot mate, think I'll get the bolt and sender then. Sure I'll get the sprocket off in one piece :)