Sign in to follow this  
VAG-hag

Ouch - rice can burn you!!!

"Can you imagine the new "sport" if the Neds find out you can pop a bonnet if you karate kick the front of a R35!"

good point!! :shock:

Ouch

With the pedestrian bonet thingy, could be interesting if they hit the bonet at the wrong time and get flung back off the car :lol:

thats a mental price tag for repairs but can you imagine how many r35 bumpers are gonna get kicked just to see the bonnet ejector seat launch a mate into space :lol:

Excellent link.

I have a seething hatred for almost all modern cars - I love the way they drive but hate how they are loaded with irritating tat. The most recent irritating thing I heard was a guy at works Vauxhall Insignia turns its full main beams on at night automatically, unless it "sees" a car in front of it, in which case it dips automatically. So if he's say, 300 yards behind someone on the motorway, full beams (xenons) come on, blinding the poor b#gger in front of him whos still near enough to be dazzled.

The more I hear about Nissan the less I would buy one. A mate who used to own a 350Z - one of his alloys developed a tiny crack (purely through use, no curbing or anything) within a year of buying it. Nissan charged him just under £1,000 for one new wheel when it should have covered by warranty!!!! :pukeright:

Makes me want to go out and give the Corrado a hug...

seem to be a touchy bunch too, lots of abuse being hurled around

Well, they can afford a 50k car. Where money is concerned there is usually a pretty strong personality behind it.

I'm shocked tbh, what a complete liberty. :nono:

have to admire the system, but that bill is ridiculous, if you go further through the thread one engineer has generously priced the parts at £7k - so sounds like the garage have just ripped your man off

that said the guy clearly has money to burn and/or little sense, i never get work done anywhere/ for anything without first getting an indication of cost :cuckoo:

have to admire the system, but that bill is ridiculous, if you go further through the thread one engineer has generously priced the parts at £7k - so sounds like the garage have just ripped your man off

that said the guy clearly has money to burn and/or little sense, i never get work done anywhere/ for anything without first getting an indication of cost :cuckoo:

yeah but he quotes £4000 for painting the bumper in that quote, ripped off isnt strong enough...........11k is a fair chunk of a house to me!!!

You know I've thought about it a bit and realised my Corrado doesn't have a system like that.

Lucky me.

You know I've thought about it a bit and realised my Corrado doesn't have a system like that.

Lucky me.

Pedestrians have nothing to fear from me - I've got a later spec Rado with a nice bonnet bulge for them to headbutt (lets just ignore the hulking VR6 cylinder head a few mils beneath it)

:norty:

Erm, not sure Ive ever been persuaded to buy a particular car over another one because it is pedestrian freindly...

Ridiculous cost though for a low speed bump... Have heard of cars being written off before for low speed bumps where the airbags have gone off...

yeah imagine having a low speed knock enough to set the airbags off but do little else! :shock: £11k that number still shocks me! as said its 20% of the cost when new! the ECU bit is silly too, are ECUs capable of funtioning only once or something ? :lol:

yeah imagine having a low speed knock enough to set the airbags off but do little else! :shock: £11k that number still shocks me! as said its 20% of the cost when new! the ECU bit is silly too, are ECUs capable of funtioning only once or something ? :lol:

The whole thing is ridiculous...

I'm wondering if he has a case for taking the manufacturer to court for producing a product that simply isn't 'fit for purpose'... Think this though, a car is expected to have low speed knocks (hence bumpers - do nowt for high speed knocks really) so the use of a single use safety system pretty much means that the owner will HAVE to fork out for complete new system at some point....

Slightly off-kilter thought process I admit but nonetheless it is a shocking piece of engineering design.. What's next? Single use kettle?

What's next? Single use kettle?

Nissan GT-R Brain Storming Session: "How about if you brake too hard an ejector seat blows the roof of the car off and fires you to safety, torching the entire car in the process?"

the guy clearly has money to burn and/or little sense, i never get work done anywhere/ for anything without first getting an indication of cost :cuckoo:

If you read the posts he had the work covered by his insurance - that's what it's for afterall :wink:

poor git...why make it so you have to replace the ecu tho!

The thread does mention the ECU in question is purely for deploying the bonnet-pop safety system, in the same way as an Airbag controller is one shot :wink:

It's all a bit b!oody expensive though eh? :gag:

the guy clearly has money to burn and/or little sense, i never get work done anywhere/ for anything without first getting an indication of cost :cuckoo:

If you read the posts he had the work covered by his insurance - that's what it's for afterall :wink:

Yup.

People want it to look attractive with the low bonnet line, and this is the cost. From reading that thread it does seem that the Nissan High Performance Centre have bumped the price up a fair bit, but still, mostly it will be covered by insurance.

Honestly, if you drove a £60k car, you'd have a reasonable amount disposable income. Would you be *that* upset if you ran a child over and they walked away with minor injuries and your premiums went up by a small margin, rather than their brain being adjusted by the cylinder head lying under the bonnet?

Inanimate metal object vs person's well being at the end of the day.