Sign in to follow this  
ShabC

cleaning engine with power hose

hi trying to clean my engine bay cause there lots of oil ever where, is it a good to use a power hose? should i cover up anything? its a g60 if that helps. thanks

hi trying to clean my engine bay cause there lots of oil ever where, is it a good to use a power hose? should i cover up anything? its a g60 if that helps. thanks

cover all electrics, if oil is hard (black) get some "gunk" spray it on, work in with a brush and jet wash off...cleans the oil off good. you may need to repeat the process for stubborn stains. :)

Jeesus do you lot never sleep?

I'm looking at doing this as well... Loong overdue now. What is "gunk"? If i recall the playground correctly that's gonna take some serious explaining to the wife!

would not recommend power hose unless you do cover all electricals as said above ,i filled an old kitchen cleaner squirty bottle with gunk ,you can get to awkward places with this ,started at the top n worked me way down,remove the easy stuff as well[battery, waterbottle etc.].dont forget to wear goggles though mate!! :salute:

powerwashed my engines loads of times , no problems

take some time to cover the ecu and dizzy ...dont point the jet straight at connectors etc

then use some old rags to dry up the wosrt and wd40 all the connetors and regrease any linkages that youve cleaned off...such as bonnet catch , gear linkage , throt cable

you're much better off using a steam cleaner than a pressure washer and then respraying the engine bay with light protective wax afterwards, the oily grime might look aweful but it's a good protective film for the engine :)