Sign in to follow this  
John-M

Brand New Corrado carpet sets - Any interest ?

In this month's Performace VW there is a feature on a firm, relatively close to me, called Newton Commercial.

They are in the business of making new carpet sets, among other things, for a range of classic cars, many VWs included.

I have just had a brief word with them to see if they have any plans for the Corrado - no plans yet but they would be interested to know how much interest there might be in new Corrado carpet sets - these are the proper full carpets, not mats, by the way.

No idea of likely cost at the moment, it depends on how much re-tooling would be required, but they already do Golf Mk 1 and 2 sets so there may be a good base there, and a full set for a Golf Mk 2 ( excluding boot area ) is £138.00.

I am intending to pop up and see them so they can have a look at what might be necessary.

If anyone is interested please indicate here. No commitment yet, of course, just an initial feeler for possible numbers.

Yeah, I've had a word with them before (also close to me - Woodbridge)

I'm really interested in mats tbh because no one seems to make them that last like the original (stitched logo) VW ones and I know some people that have used there MK1 ones for years - more that can be said for the overpriced cack that justmatz sells!

I reckon there will be a market for Carpets eventually as the Corrado will no doubt become a classic but at the moment they don't really tend to wear that much as they are so much better quality than the MK2 carpets and they clean up fairly well if you have the time to take them out and do them properly and there is also a good market for second hand currently with all the breakers...

Saw this article too- defo interested. New carpets would make a helluva difference to the interior 8)

The Mats that supercharged is on about are still available from VW i believe but IMO arent as good a quality as the original VW embossed Corrado mates as we i brought mine (about 18months ago) they had a different backing to the originals!!!

I would be very interested in mats. However I would ideally like a high quality carpet, the carpet that is used to make moulded full carpet sets is good but you could have a heavier superior products for flat, cut mats.

I did get in touch with them and they said they'd come back with some detail. That was a while ago - I'll follow it up now.

We sell carpets from Newton at work, for old VW's (beetle, bus etc) and old MG's, Triumphs etc.. Good quality :)