Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Snow + ATB + 250bhp = hilarity

Just found out what 250bhp and an ATB diff mean for handling in the snow. Some nice sideways action on roundabouts :lol: . Anybody else found that?

I've been driving VERY sensibly the last few days :shock: I keep dreaming about writing the Rado off so I'm a bit paranoid now...

That, and my parrot getting sick are my 2 main re-occuring nightmares- the Mrs wasn't happy when I told her as she obviously didn't feature as a high concern for me :lol:

That's just power understeer. ATBs don't work in snow and Ice, well, the Wavetrac does as it works against a preload. The Quaife and Peloquin just see the spinning wheel on snow as no load and therefore behaves like an open diff.

I tested it myself with my Quaife. Mine got stuck the other day and I got the missus to gas it whilst I pushed, and only 1 wheel span :D

Yeah, I'd been told to watch out in the snow, but had never experienced it before. Good fun though, as long as there isn't anyone alongside :lol:

try taking on a roundabout in an automatic RWD BM, the whole time the traction control was flashing, and the whole time the missus was swearing at me STOP DRIVING LIKE A T++T.

have been handbraking it round the island at work started in seconed at the start of the week have now moved up to 3rd gear entrty speeds!!! its a 4 lane island its only going to end i tears! but its massive fun :D