Sign in to follow this  
Topaz2008

G60 Pulls to the Left Under Heavy Braking

My G60 has just had a complete front end suspension overhaul. I have replaced all the bushes arms and mounts and even had the tracking, camber etc adjusted. The brakes are balanced as they were fine when it had its MOT. The problem I have now and also had before the work is it pulls to the left under heavy braking at speeds over 50MPH. As you can imagine I am very p1ssed off about this and need some help. Any ideas??

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCF_before.JPG[/attachment:22zlk2e5]CF_After.JPG[/attachment:22zlk2e5]

i would not worry about the geomotry on the rear,but if all your bushes are good and your brakes show no problem what's so ever i would suggest swapping the tyres over on the front first and go from there

Yeah - the camber on the rear shows a slightly bent rear beam but as above I would not worry as it's only a slight amount and shouldn't affect tyre wear...

If it pulls when braking only than I'd say it's an issue with the brakes alone - likely to be a sticky rear caliper - maybe feel each wheel after a short drive and see if one side is noticably hotter that the opposite.

I would look at tyre wear first, if you have been running around with a bad set-up or even one with a lot of wear it will cause uneven tyre wear which may manifest as pulling under braking.

It could also be a sticky piston on the brakes, I assume the problem is not there below 50mph?

this is a commomn problem on the mk2 golfs...

the passenger side wishbone bolt works loose sometimes falls out causing this problem re tighten or replace and i bet it solves problem.

I would look at tyre wear first, if you have been running around with a bad set-up or even one with a lot of wear it will cause uneven tyre wear which may manifest as pulling under braking.

It could also be a sticky piston on the brakes, I assume the problem is not there below 50mph?

No at slower speeds its fine. I thought the suspension would be under more load when stopping from a higher speed and maybe that had something to do with it.

Ive seen tyres causing heavy pulling to one side juddering under braking and all other bizarre problems,its also the easiest to try by swaping over wheels.

The tyres on the car are in good condition but are of poor quality (they are made by a company called Triangle!). They were on the car when I bought it and I plan to change the wheels and tyres soon. I will try your suggestion of swaping over the wheels

this is a commomn problem on the mk2 golfs...

the passenger side wishbone bolt works loose sometimes falls out causing this problem re tighten or replace and i bet it solves problem.

Already checked this as I had replaced both wishbones so sadly its not that... :(

Ive seen tyres causing heavy pulling to one side juddering under braking and all other bizarre problems,its also the easiest to try by swaping over wheels.

The tyres on the car are in good condition but are of poor quality (they are made by a company called Triangle!). They were on the car when I bought it and I plan to change the wheels and tyres soon. I will try your suggestion of swaping over the wheels

it does not matter how much tread is on the tyres,we have had good brand and brand new tyres cause all kinds of faults....and triangle....say no more :gag:

it does not matter how much tread is on the tyres,we have had good brand and brand new tyres cause all kinds of faults....and triangle....say no more :gag:[/quote:1mhq9vhb]

Yes I thought they were sh1te too. A daft name for a tyre Triangle does not rotate very well :lol: :lol:

LOL - surely that's a joke!?!

Nope :lol:

The Amstrad of tyres!! :lol: :lol: They certainly look the part on 17" rims, previous owner must have been on a bit of a tight budget.