Sign in to follow this  
C488ADO

what do you think will happen to the corrado prices in 18mt

been thinking latley about the corrados and thier pricing they seem to be in a lull just now just like the mk2 golfs etc i mean they now for a relativly good one seem to fetch 2k upwards now with raylles topping at 7-8k ???

i think the rado is far more solid than say a mk2 nicer car esp lowerd but whats happening with the values??

anyone?

discuss..............

I am more worried about greenhouse issues with the vr, there seems to be a big push for environmentally friendly cars and that could mean even higher running costs, with tax etc, to force prices'es down or even off the road! I mean they are really pushing this electric/duel fuel stuff along.

gonna be interesting to find out that's for sure :dorky: i can't see prices dropping lower than a £1-1,5k for vrs as have seen recently, but cant see prices rising over next few years either, i reckon they'll start a steady ascent after that, loads depends on how rare they become too

They will remain sort after,so when the numbers for a good example start to dwindle then the prices will go up.Good examples already fetch reasonable money.

They will remain sort after,so when the numbers for a good example start to dwindle then the prices will go up.Good examples already fetch reasonable money.

Agree with this, as people are saying they are coming down to 1-1.5k but these are mainly the poorer condition examples. Anything that is good does sell for reasonable and higher money.

Nath stop worrying :nono: , look let me put it like this,

i saw a silver mk1 golf gti campaign for sale at the NEC classic car show back in Nov good clean car under 100k miles wish clean interior, recently had a full respray. They were asking £8995 for it!! they had a couple of offers that day, what im trying to say is they can ask what they like, they're only going to get what some ones prepared to pay for it!! MK1 golfs went right down in the mid-late 90's to what i call banger money, really hit rock bottom, but in the last couple of years especially since VW have made alot of the parts obsolute, they have started to go up in value,they have becoming rarer, and original ones are very hard to come buy in good nick

Corrado's a slightly different, they not the original hot hatch, but i think they will increase in value as the years go on but i think its more a long term thing, IMO again original unmoded ones will fetch more money, thats why the mods ive done are reverseably, unfortunatly fuel prices will have a big part to play in it as well as having the all important timing chains done, then smaller things like colour optional extra will come into it.

just sick a storm badge on it that will add another 1K lol

hope that helps mate

Chris :)

i see lots of vr6 as you say all reasonable condition varying price tags most in the 2,00 -4,900 but dont see many if any selling.....

i was just interested in what peoples views opinions are on this and if they have even thought about it?

A corrados for life, im keeping mine forever so prices can go up and down as much as they want i aint selling. Im sick of the government trying to dictate what we can drive by increasing road tax aswell, this country is/has gone to pot its sh!t why cant we be more like france when the taxes go up they all stop work and they protest march the whole country comes to a stand still. Rip off britain :bad-words:

Yep, no plans to ever sell either of mine - too much invested...

Just thinking now if I should import one of the very last MK1 Citi Golfs currently rolling off the line - roughly £11k I think, If only they were 3 door!

IMO again original unmoded ones will fetch more money, thats why the mods ive done are reverseably

This i would agree with! But as for the storm i cant see what all the fuss is about IMO, even tho they are a limited edition i chose not to buy one.

Same old story really; there will be an even bigger gap between dogs and decent/mint ones. I forsee this year the crap/breakworthy ones settling around £1500 with the decent ones getting nearer £3000-£6000. You gets what ye pays for.

hmmm yes interesting views didnt really think about the storm,, when i bougfht mine the spec was better and a better colour plusit had all and more than a storm had minus the badges.....

i wonder if they will have a massive difference in value

IMO again original unmoded ones will fetch more money, thats why the mods ive done are reverseably

This i would agree with! But as for the storm i cant see what all the fuss is about IMO, even tho they are a limited edition i chose not to buy one.

a very good point there about storms, i guess your buying into the exculsive part of 250 in each colour (its that word limited edition people go crazy for, where it be a 2 disc DVD or a car, if you see what im saying, personally i think vw should of made the storm a 3.2litre,to make it extra special, Recaro seats as standard, lowered alittle more etc etc. i think its personally choice i guess

A slight difference i know they dont warrent the extra price tag but they were the last ones made, i always get people asking me what a storm was as few people have heard of them

a very good point there about storms, i guess your buying into the exculsive part of 250 in each colour, personally i think vw should of made the storm a 3.2litre,to make it extra special, i think its personally choice i guess

They should have kept the VSR's for the Storms as there were just 510 produced - would have made sense... and made them all Air con as standard with Air bags etc - It also annoys me that VW went on the paint just about every other P reg MK3 Golf in Mystic Blue rather than keep it exclusive.

10,400 UK Corrado's made - I wonder how many are still on the roads? There is no doubt it's a classic but only the best examples will get to this status - spare parts need to be bought now before they go obselete.

yes its weird ... mine came with the chrome badges front and rear grey leater heated electric recaros...better spec already so what was missing storm badges x2 and colour coded grille thats it , it was way more affordable and less miles , so with all the rados that were imported to the uk thee cant be many left , in the westcountry i very rarly see another one ok i have some friends that have them but i mean out and about , there are loads of guys on here buying and breaking them loads have been written off parts are becoming obsolete, 2nd hand parts seem to be rocketing throught the roof making the cars seem worthless....