Sign in to follow this  
pt_corrado

Best Red for corrado

a little bit unfair because i spent ages cleaning my old one and weather hasn't been good enough to really get stuck in on my new one but at the moment im going to say tornado pink when its in its red stage :D

old (tornado)

260820071142.jpg

vs new (flash)

Photo178.jpg

many thanks guys :norty:

i have chose the tornado red, but it had 6 or 7 scales in the same color code, so let see if i have chosen the right one :roll:

Another Flash red vote here :D I too think it looks orangy too.

Jim - any chance of some more pics of your car with the borbets on. I've just bought some ATS 6 spoke wheels from Nathan (C488ADO) which look identical to the Borbets Cs and wondering how they will look once fitted.

damm mate :luvlove:

your car looks like new, and the color (flash red) dont look like the same flash red i saw in the paintshop catalogue.

:oops: thanks very much! She's not really as minty as the pictures make her seem but for 195,000 miles I think she's in pretty good shape :) Thanks!

I think the top picture shows of flash red the best - the slight orange hue that it has about it in light. When I've been cleaning the car / polishing it, after a while it seems to mess with my eyes and I see less red, more orange. If I go away from it and come back after 5 mins, it looks like deep red again. It's really weird!

:oops: thanks very much! She's not really as minty as the pictures make her seem but for 195,000 miles I think she's in pretty good shape :) Thanks!

its hard to have the car mint, there are always one or other thing to improve :lol: .

In here its more difficult, because there are not to many corrados, its a "rare" car in my country and the Vr6 ones are all imported, as in here never had been sold.

Sorry for my bad english guys.

I also have other corrado, one 2.0 16v ( already known in here :ignore: )

I think the top picture shows of flash red the best - the slight orange hue that it has about it in light. When I've been cleaning the car / polishing it, after a while it seems to mess with my eyes and I see less red, more orange. If I go away from it and come back after 5 mins, it looks like deep red again. It's really weird!

True :) , i understand your point ..

Love the first picture..

By the way, your car seems to high in the front, do you have any weight in the rear :grin:

Aye Jim, that is one nice looking Corrado. The paint looks mint! Even the trim looks blacker. 8)

What you been using polish/wax wise?

When i had my Flash red 8v i always found it was the sun that brought the orange out.

Regarding the height of the car at the front.. Yeah, been a problem for a while ever since I fitted Koni STR.T suspension. Not sure why it sits so tall at the front - possibly it being a kit designed for a VR6 which is obviously heavier than the valver engine. However I've got a set of 10mm lowering caps waiting to go on to correct this :)

Polish & wax wise, for red on a Corrado, I swear by Autoglym! I use the Super Resin Polish, followed by Extra Gloss Protection and then the Autoglym recently released carnuba wax. All great products why I don't think I'd ever give up :)

Cheers.

Regarding the height of the car at the front.. Yeah, been a problem for a while ever since I fitted Koni STR.T suspension. Not sure why it sits so tall at the front - possibly it being a kit designed for a VR6 which is obviously heavier than the valver engine. However I've got a set of 10mm lowering caps waiting to go on to correct this :)

Polish & wax wise, for red on a Corrado, I swear by Autoglym! I use the Super Resin Polish, followed by Extra Gloss Protection and then the Autoglym recently released carnuba wax. All great products why I don't think I'd ever give up :)

Cheers.

I would suspect that is the problem with the front suspension Jim, the spring rating will be for the heavier VR lump - as you say.

I went off the Autoglym stuff after having bad results from it on my current motor. Though that was before i gave the car a good claybar. But i may just may give them ago again.

I've definitely always found that different cleaning products work well on different cars / paints, even just on different colours for the Corrado. I used to use the Zymol car wash and then 'cleaner wax' on my pearl green G60 and that used to work great. When I tried it on my red Corrado it was dreadful, wouldn't come off the car without agonising amounts of elbow grease, etc..

But I have to say that the Autoglym has been consistently good on the cars I've tried it on. Took to my dads Daimler 1960's V8 with it and it bought it up a treat! But the SRP just works excellently on red cars to cut out the oxidisation without being too ferocious and then if you seal it in with the EGP and the carnuba wax it'll last pretty well :)

greeny havn't you bought another rado yet! its about time you did!

I have tried an failed a couple of times if I'm being honest,drivin a flas red loop gti at the min :)