Sign in to follow this  
vagingit.co.uk

bleeding g60 coolant system

Just to check, would bleeding the coolant system on my other halfs G60 be the same as any other watercooled dub.

Run with expansion tank off until coolant level comes right to top, put cap on, run again until all up to temp, then cool down and recheck level?

Ive been told tht a G60 is a bastard to bleed through and can lead to a lot of air locks! - I think its bollards, but thought Id ask

Just to check, would bleeding the coolant system on my other halfs G60 be the same as any other watercooled dub.

Run with expansion tank off until coolant level comes right to top, put cap on, run again until all up to temp, then cool down and recheck level?

Ive been told tht a G60 is a bastard to bleed through and can lead to a lot of air locks! - I think its bollards, but thought Id ask

Never ever had any problems bleeding my g60.

Have done it serveral times.

Normal rules apply.

this is news to me... have you tried using the search?

when i bleed the system i did just as you have described and i didn't experience any problems :confused4:

excellent guys, thanks for confirming what I thought.

It was a mechanic that told me that they are prone to air blocks, just as well I dont use that mechanic anymore.

Right then, off to rescue my stricken G60 at the ide of the road after losing its water

excellent guys, thanks for confirming what I thought.

It was a mechanic that told me that they are prone to air blocks, just as well I dont use that mechanic anymore.

Right then, off to rescue my stricken G60 at the ide of the road after losing its water

god speed :salute:

(thats 70mph... dont wont to be thought of as encouraging speeding!)