Sign in to follow this  
H13VYY

need some info on corrado's

Hi,

I currently own a golf vr6 highline. Im considering selling up and getting a corrado vr6 storm. But i need some information and il appreciate if i can get few things cleared up.

1. Do corrado vr6 storms come with air-con and heated seats as standard? Also, what else do they come with which ordinary corrado's don't?

2. Would their be a big difference in my insurance premium? What group insurance is a Corrado storm?

3. What wheel fitment is a corrado? I presume i won't be able to transfer my kerscher carmonas and fk coiles over to a corrado?

4. Whats so good about the corrado driving position which everyone always praises?

5. How good is a corrado handling? i.e. could it keep up with an integra dc2 in terms of handling?

Any other information welcome.

Thanks

1. Do corrado vr6 storms come with air-con and heated seats as standard? Also, what else do they come with which ordinary corrado's don't?

No. They come with leather as standard, which I think is heated - but not 100% on that. Aircon was still an option. They also come with a colour coded front grille and 15" BBS Solitude wheels. 250 of the Storms were painted in Mystic Blue which was, on the Corrado at least, unique to the Storm.

2. Would their be a big difference in my insurance premium? What group insurance is a Corrado storm?

Ridiculously, the Corrado Storm is still rated at group 19. It'd be cheaper to insure an AMG Mercedes.... think it'll work out a bit more than your Golf Highline (does that come in at Group 17 or 18...?)

3. What wheel fitment is a corrado? I presume i won't be able to transfer my kerscher carmonas and fk coiles over to a corrado?

Not sure the suspension would come over but your wheels should be fine - fitment is 5x100.

4. Whats so good about the corrado driving position which everyone always praises?

It's a personal thing but just try one and see what you think. It's way more sports car style than you'd expect... lower, more relaxed, but more focused. I drove an Audi R8 not too long ago and the driving position was VERY similar to the Corrado's... so they must have got it right all those years ago!

5. How good is a corrado handling? i.e. could it keep up with an integra dc2 in terms of handling?

A properly setup Corrado is a damn good drive. I don't think anyone here would say it handles as well as, or better than an Integra DC2 but it's right up there with some of the best handling FWD cars ever made! A very confidence inspiring car.

Hope that helps :)

Hi,

I currently own a golf vr6 highline. Im considering selling up and getting a corrado vr6 storm. But i need some information and il appreciate if i can get few things cleared up.

Any other information welcome.

Thanks

205/50 VR-15 Tyres on 6.5 x 15 (5 x 100 as Jim stated)

Ian.

No. They come with leather as standard, which I think is heated - but not 100% on that. Aircon was still an option. They also come with a colour coded front grille and 15" BBS Solitude wheels. 250 of the Storms were painted in Mystic Blue which was, on the Corrado at least, unique to the Storm.

Ridiculously, the Corrado Storm is still rated at group 19. It'd be cheaper to insure an AMG Mercedes.... think it'll work out a bit more than your Golf Highline (does that come in at Group 17 or 18...?)

Not sure the suspension would come over but your wheels should be fine - fitment is 5x100.

It's a personal thing but just try one and see what you think. It's way more sports car style than you'd expect... lower, more relaxed, but more focused. I drove an Audi R8 not too long ago and the driving position was VERY similar to the Corrado's... so they must have got it right all those years ago!

A properly setup Corrado is a damn good drive. I don't think anyone here would say it handles as well as, or better than an Integra DC2 but it's right up there with some of the best handling FWD cars ever made! A very confidence inspiring car.

Hope that helps :)[/quote:3iphrmxt]

thanks mate..helped alot.

just to clarify the leather is heated on Storms :D

cool. anyone know how many came with air-cons? is it difficult to get a storm with air-con?

I don't think it was an especially high number, tho not sure on actual figures. Certainly the majority don't have them as it was an expensive option on an already very expensive (at the time) car. I'd be amazed if its even as high as 40 out of 500 Storms...

dont limit your search to just storms....there are far better speced corrado's out there for probably less money less miles and general better nick....

elecric heated leather recaros....just being one better spec......and choice of colours is another.

for the sake of a badge not worth bothering with really

Depends really.. Storms do at least hold a certain premium, so even if you pay more for them, you will make more for it when you sell it. And they seem to have gained some kind of mythos amongst those who don't know much about the Corrado - that the Storm somehow is even faster or more hardcore than a normal VR6 which of course it isn't.

If a Storm came up at a good price compared to a similarly specced VR6, I'd go for the Storm!

I don't think it was an especially high number, tho not sure on actual figures. Certainly the majority don't have them as it was an expensive option on an already very expensive (at the time) car. I'd be amazed if its even as high as 40 out of 500 Storms...

Didn't know that Jim. I count myself lucky to have it then! Although it does need regular re-gassing :wink: Mind you since fitting the BMC I tend to have the window wound down anyway :lol:

dont limit your search to just storms....there are far better speced corrado's out there for probably less money less miles and general better nick....

elecric heated leather recaros....just being one better spec......and choice of colours is another.

so the regular corrados are the only ones with heated recaros?

Corrados came with certain level of spec and a range of factory fitted options, what was being said is that Storm spec is either mystic blue with black leather or classic green with beige leather (250 of each) Other unique feature of a storm are colour coded grille, 15" BBS solitudes and Storm badges on the rear and centre console thats it. Other factory supplied VR6s may have been ordered with a wider range of factory options eg colour choice, Recaros, headlamp washers etc. Aircon was a dealer fit only option.

so the regular corrados are the only ones with heated recaros?

There are standard seats in cloth (manual adjust & unheated) or leather (manual adjust & heated), and Recaro seats in both cloth (electric adjust)and leather (not sure, never seen any in the flesh)...

I personally favour cloth recaros to look at and sit in.

I think Storms always had the standard quality leather (not Recaro), but don't quote me :)

Depends really.. Storms do at least hold a certain premium, so even if you pay more for them, you will make more for it when you sell it. And they seem to have gained some kind of mythos amongst those who don't know much about the Corrado - that the Storm somehow is even faster or more hardcore than a normal VR6 which of course it isn't.

If a Storm came up at a good price compared to a similarly specced VR6, I'd go for the Storm!

But there again, a knackered Storm is just another knackered Corrado imho. I really honestly would only take a Storm over a standard car with same equipment, if it was in better condition/ lower mileage / had better history / maintenance.

Obv a better kitted standard car would win hands down.

Green is a horrid colour anyway, so that slashes the available cars for me :norty: