Sign in to follow this  
olly elworthy

coolant

going to change my thermostst tonight, car is a 1992 corrado G60, will i need to use the G12 coolant? and if so is this available from motor factors? or will it beavailable from the main agent only, cheers,, :roll:

going to change my thermostst tonight, car is a 1992 corrado G60, will i need to use the G12 coolant? and if so is this available from motor factors? or will it beavailable from the main agent only, cheers,, :roll:

You'll need G12+ coolant... Don't use normal G12 as it reacts badly with the original G11 and forms a jelly like goop in the waterways stopping the coolant from working... :?

You can get it cheaply from Euro Car Parts and some other places as well as VAG, but I don't think that most motor factors will stock it... 8)

so if i can get hold of some g12+ i wont need to worry so much about removing every single drop of the original coolant?

That's the general idea. 8) G12+ should now have replaced both G11 and G12 and should be the only stuff available, however, some less reputable places may try to sell you G12 (which is the one that won't mix with G11) to clear their old stock. G12+ can be mixed with either G11 or G12 with no problems. 8)