Sign in to follow this  
Tekara

Help: VR6 Diagnostics Port Wiring

Hi All

I’m helping out with the tidying up on a VR6 conversion, one the main issues with it is there isn’t a diagnostics port wired up anywhere we can find. As such I thought it easier to start from scratch and install a new one.

Does anyone know the pinouts on an OBD1 AG ECU for the diagnostic port, I believe there are meant to be two for the K and L lines? In addition to those would I also be correct in thinking there is meant to be a 12v and ground feed to the port? If so where is best to get those from?

Cheers

Yes, looked high and low. Should mention its a Mk2 conversion using Corrado parts, whoever did the wiring clearly wasn’t the best. Seems only the important wires have been plumped in, still a bundle in the scuttle that go nowhere - guessing the diagnostic lines are amongst that hence why I’m now want it trace back from the ECU.

This wouldn't be Nick's MK2 VR6 by any chance would it? With the ECU loom spliced together with bullet connectors :cuckoo: :lol:

The thin grey wire in the ECU loom is the K line. Run that down to a 16 pin K line block, which you can get from any post 94 VW. I would speak to / confirm with Vince to be honest, with regards to exact pin outs and what other wires join the K link block!

This wouldn't be Nick's MK2 VR6 by any chance would it? With the ECU loom spliced together with bullet connectors :cuckoo: :lol:

Was it that obvious :lol: Yeah, thought id help him with something constructive considering I keep getting "do you think it could be...." calls from him.