Sign in to follow this  
Jez

Ignition leads

Hello, does anyone know where you can get 7mm red ignition leads from? I know you can get the 8.5mm ones, but they won't fit in the plastic runners will they?

I don't think the dealers do the original red Beru VR6 leads anymore, but it's worth asking them though. The only decent brand I'm aware of that are red are Magnecor, but I don't think all of their leads are 8.5mm though.... if not, just coax out the runner clips with an 8mm drill.

and were purchased in May by the previous owner for £115.26

:shock: How much?!? :shock: Betcha you're glad that you didn't have to pay for 'em! :lol:

Certainly am Henny, not to mention the starter motor, ignition switch and barrel, anti roll bar link, oil cooler seal, rear engine mount, door handle that all were replaced at VW during the last few months of there ownership, Can kinda understand why the bloke got sick of keep throwing money at it.

Luckily for me, all parts i should'nt have to replace for a while.

Fortunately for you, there's a long list of other parts that should keep you going on the repairs for some time yet!! :(

Fortunately for you, there's a long list of other parts that should keep you going on the repairs for some time yet!! :(

True, And once i've finished replacein everything, Be time to replace the replacements.

Magnecor do 7.5 8 and 8.5 (I think) I got the 8.5 ones for mine the coating is very soft and fitted into my clips may e different on the VR not sure.