Sign in to follow this  
jpowell79

Just bought myself a storm!

Just got back home with my new toy :clap:

Finally realised a dream I've had since I was 17 and bought myself a corrado vr6 storm!

Need a bit of work to it, and doesn't have any road tax so need to sort that out a.s.a.p but I think I paid a reasonable price for it (less than advertised on pistonheads)

Bit of a scuff on the N/S/R wheel arch, and a tiny bit of rust under the N/S headlight, and your obvious stone chips, but all the electrics work (inc. sunroof and rear spoiler) and the leather interior is in decent shape with no tears.

can't wait to get it all road legal and ready for a proper spin :D

Took a mechanic with me to check it and he said it looked good but he wouldn't have paid what I ended up paying because of the scuffs and the relatively high mileage, but tried to convince him (and myself!) that because it was a storm there will always be a premium :shrug:

I can tell you that as soon as I gave it a quick spin round the block and I started getting a big grin on my face (which I haven't had from a car since my old mk2 golf gti 16v 10 years ago!) that I knew I had to have it, regarldess of whether it was "mint" or not!!

Might live to regret it, but hey ho!....After all it's only money and you only live once, so sod it!

A proud new parent!! :grin:

Haven't had the chance to take any proper pics as it was pitch black by the time I got home and it went straight in the garage......

But this is the one I bought:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/1410948.htm

Won't say exactly how much I paid, but I will say it was less than the price it was advertised for after a bit of haggling (He originally had it up for £3250 but I would've only paid that if it was a "minter") so hopefully got it at a fair price in the end. Plus it appears to be an unmolested example with the original alloys (I know some people love to mod, but as far as Corrado's go, I think they looked sexy enough straight out of the factory :luvlove: ) so am happy with what I paid.... I think! :cuckoo:

Will post some more pics once I've got her road legal and given her a full clean and polish :-)

Congrats and enjoy. Look forward to seeing a few more pics :)

Second best colour for a Storm :wink:

. Plus it appears to be an unmolested example with the original alloys (I know some people love to mod, but as far as Corrado's go, I think they looked sexy enough straight out of the factory :luvlove: ) so am happy with what I paid.... I think! :cuckoo:

Wait until you see the Corrado's that have been dropped a couple of inches! I thought mine looked awesome until I realised it was on stilts!

Good price too - I reckon you got a steal (assuming it doesn't break the bank in the first 3 months!)

I can tell you that as soon as I gave it a quick spin round the block and I started getting a big grin on my face (which I haven't had from a car since my old mk2 golf gti 16v 10 years ago!) that I knew I had to have it, regarldess of whether it was "mint" or not!!

A proud new parent!! :grin:

concrates mate

and that is what its all about, i remember when i got mine, i had looked at around 10 or half had 19 different colours on them and the others where :censored: and they where all called mint :lol:

and then i drove like 4 hours to london to look at the one i got and even before we went for spin i new it was the one, the guy took me for a spin and i was smiling from ear to ear i was so happy :sleeping:

. Plus it appears to be an unmolested example with the original alloys (I know some people love to mod, but as far as Corrado's go, I think they looked sexy enough straight out of the factory :luvlove: ) so am happy with what I paid.... I think! :cuckoo:

Good price too - I reckon you got a steal (assuming it doesn't break the bank in the first 3 months!)

Cheers fella.....was getting a bit worried I'd overpaid, as I saw a storm go on piston heads the other day for £1500 :shock: :shock: :shock:

But I just need to keep telling myself that this was a one-off and the seller clearly didn't have a clue of the true value of these things!

Congrats with the purchase, what you need now is a nice plate to make it yours :grin:

impPK6J59.jpg[/attachment:1brdye2c]

Second best colour for a Storm :wink:

Sorry Vaughn I spotted an error in your post :lol:

Congrats on the purchase buddy!! :clap: :clap:

FINALLY I get to drive the storm tonight!

It's been asleep in the garage for two weeks, but finally got my insurance certificate thorugh this morning, so I can now stick some road tax on her and will go for a spin tonight :-)

Bit gutted my main route to work (A13) is now having average speed cams installed (so no little bursts on the way to work! - Although I did hear that they cant' catch you if you change lanes between each set of cameras? could be an urban myth?)

Got my eye on a cool number plate for her as well (quite surposed nobody has already bought it - will be quiet till I've bought it)

Hopefully she'll live to to my expectations.....I've waited 13 years for this day!! :-)

Good stuff mate :clap: Looking forward to your thoughts tomorrow on how it all went.

Fingers crossed you get some dry weather this evening :mad2:

Always nice to throw on a fav tune I reckon 8) , but then you miss out on the engine roar :lol:

Best'a luck :salute:

Bit gutted my main route to work (A13) is now having average speed cams installed (so no little bursts on the way to work! - Although I did hear that they cant' catch you if you change lanes between each set of cameras? could be an urban myth?)

Myth I'm afraid.

had a quick spin around the streets where I live last night, but got to drive it into work this morning.

to be honest it doesn't feel quite as quick from say 0-20 as my old mk2 gti16v did (Most likely because the corrado weighs twice as much?)......but once you're up in the 20mph+ area I really noticed how quick she was.

When I got off the a13 ond onto the M25 I finally got to see what it could do, and boy does it shift!!

found a couple of faults:

1. rain was leaking above the passenger seat....looks like its coming from the windscreeen seal (not the sunroof)...anyone had this problem?

Also I'm assuming the centre console where the heater controls are, should be lit up when I put the lights on? They're not at the moment.

One other thing, the heater is nice and warm, and works on all 4 settings, but when I twist the knob to the windscreen option, hardly anything comes out....its like its stuck at just heating inside the car??

Also, it does feel a tad "lumpy" on idle rev.....I'm guessing it needs a bit of a tune-up?

...............but apart from that......all's good :-)

had a quick spin around the streets where I live last night, but got to drive it into work this morning.

to be honest it doesn't feel quite as quick from say 0-20 as my old mk2 gti16v did (Most likely because the corrado weighs twice as much?)......but once you're up in the 20mph+ area I really noticed how quick she was.

When I got off the a13 ond onto the M25 I finally got to see what it could do, and boy does it shift!!

found a couple of faults:

1. rain was leaking above the passenger seat....looks like its coming from the windscreeen seal (not the sunroof)...anyone had this problem?

Also I'm assuming the centre console where the heater controls are, should be lit up when I put the lights on? They're not at the moment.

One other thing, the heater is nice and warm, and works on all 4 settings, but when I twist the knob to the windscreen option, hardly anything comes out....its like its stuck at just heating inside the car??

Also, it does feel a tad "lumpy" on idle rev.....I'm guessing it needs a bit of a tune-up?

...............but apart from that......all's good :-)

i think VRs generally have a rough idle, not normally anything to worry about. Though it maybe worth taking the ISV off and giving it a good clean.

As for the windscreen knob, again it maybe worth taking it the controls out and checking everything is free to move. The cables may need changing as they wear with age.. not a hard job just fiddly. Can you hear the flaps moving when you turn the direction knob? btw in case you dont know. Dont try turning the direction knob with teh fan set to 4 as apparently it strains the knob (ooeer ) and can cause it to snap on its spindle. Oh and the heater lights are generally cr@p. If you do a search there's a thread about how to mod the console lights.. i think JMC did a thread on it if you search for author.

HTH

Gaz

i think VRs generally have a rough idle, not normally anything to worry about. Though it maybe worth taking the ISV off and giving it a good clean.

Gaz

really?? mine is smooth as silk thats one of the main complements I get about the car :shrug:

Gaz

really?? mine is smooth as silk thats one of the main complements I get about the car :shrug:[/quote:1tilpiin]

Mine was really smooth as well... Up until something blew up last week and now not running right at all.

Yeah the heater lights are generally cr4p... most likely a friday afternoon design! The lamp for the unit is housed behind the center dial and is supposed to light all off the controls but the amount of light lost from the center to the outer controls is quite major.

I put a slightly brighter lamp in my controls and it did help but the outer dials were still not great. The only other option is to bucher the controls and glue some LED's behind the panel. I don't know how easy this will be to do as I never really looked into that option.

Anyway, best of luck with the Storm - look forward to seeing some pics of it at some point!

Gaz

really?? mine is smooth as silk thats one of the main complements I get about the car :shrug:

Mine was really smooth as well... Up until something blew up last week and now not running right at all.[/quote:3qh91byx]

I wouldnt say its as smooth and flat idle as other cars ive been in. Mine, even when the engine was new has always idled a bit lumpy, the revs themself dont move as per rev gauge but what you feel through the body of the car isnt that smooth.

it was the same on the engine that was in the car when i bought it, that was a little worse but i put that down to it burning oil :shrug:

ok maybe she needs looking at then.....it's far from smooth.....It almost feels like I'm sitting in a diesel (slight exageration!)......certainly not like some Beemers I've sat in when running at idle.

I retract the above statement about ALL VRs being lumpy. I know the old engine in my VR was, but i've been taking note of my current one and i think its more the dash noise/vibration when idling as opposed to the engine itself. Must sort that out when i can be bothered :lol: