twofourten

Inpro Issues...

My original lights were cracked & the chrome very dull so the already poor headlights were terrible at best, I decided to try out inpro angel eyes (i know loads of you hate them) and am having a huge problem - the issue is that they did not come with adjusters, inpro say you can remove the part from the old lights and use that. My old lights both broke and fell apart trying to get the old bits out.

I emailed inpro and they said "In Germany the car was fitted with an original VW electric adjuster" and that if I could get this it will fit their lights and resolve the matter" so then i emailed my local VAG Dealer and they said "that headlight adjusters for your car are now obsolete & part number is not listed any longer." So I'm completely stuck with new headlights, but an utterly illegal beam pattern that I can't alter.

Can anyone suggest a way round this other than buying some second hand original lights and putting those back in? :scratch:

i had all this crap n more mate :( i took my old adjusters out n put em in inpros ,but in the end i went back to me old lights n had a new loom made.spose its a problem with all after market products :salute:

by robrado974 » 30.01.2010, 16:43

i had all this crap n more mate i took my old adjusters out n put em in inpros ,but in the end i went back to me old lights n had a new loom made.spose its a problem with all after market products

Thanks robrado974 - looks like I might have to go back to original lights then - Does anyone have some in good nick for SALE? :)

Try to stick with them mate. Mine have HID's and produce a far superior light than standard lights.

Do you have round wheel to adjust the position on the back on of the unit? Or is the bit you're missing?

When you do get them sorted, they are great. Ok they don't look like standard but for me the function far out weighs the form.

agree with matt aswell!! if you like the inpros try to get your adjusters out of old lights ,be carefull they will be brittle !.you will find the end will be round on original and square on inpro slot but they will go in .ask for some adjusters on wanted if you cant get them out someone will have some mate

i have inpros (black not cack silver :D ) and to be honest they are far better than the stock items and i dont care if people dont like em i do and they light the road better and if your buying a couple of hundred quid lights get new adjuster's from the dealers i got mine last summer i cant beleve there gone from stock now :cuckoo: they cost pence too.

also inpros all have left hand right hand drive adjuster's but you have to take em apart and on the back of the lense holders there is a screw and little lever

it takes 10 mins to do both if you need help just pm me

fed up with this forum hating inpros :nono: live in the now M.F ers :lol: inpros are the way forward not the stock tea light burners

plus get your selfs an uprated head light loom even that makes stock lights better

blimey :censored:

*** THANKS 8vMatt, robrado974 & millerman ***

Nice to have some support and some people who aren't afraid of change (sorry to all you traditionalists) but upgrades are a good idea in my opinion

millerman

I tried to order new adjusters from my local VAG dealer and was told the VW ones will not fit my car?! Do you know where I can get adjusters from please?

*** THANKS 8vMatt, robrado974 & millerman ***

Nice to have some support and some people who aren't afraid of change (sorry to all you traditionalists) but upgrades are a good idea in my opinion

millerman

I tried to order new adjusters from my local VAG dealer and was told the VW ones will not fit my car?! Do you know where I can get adjusters from please?

we are talking inpros for a corrado arnt we :salute: i got new ones easy from VW(adjusters that is :D ) if not use your old ones just be careful removing them from the old std lights

Millerman- do you use HID's with yours? I would have mental good lighting if I got hold of the uprated loom!

We can see the way forward!

Do the adjusters look like a white plastic four sided knob on a thread going into the light unit? Asking as I bought my lights 2nd hand and these came with them and not sure what adjusters on their own look like.

Millerman- do you use HID's with yours? I would have mental good lighting if I got hold of the uprated loom!

We can see the way forward!

Do the adjusters look like a white plastic four sided knob on a thread going into the light unit? Asking as I bought my lights 2nd hand and these came with them and not sure what adjusters on their own look like.

yer sounds like em .

no to to HID bulbs ( you would not need an uprated loom for HID's as they run at 30 odd watts they need loads of juice to start up hence the ballast you get with em but once running are nice and low on the watts :D

i use an uprated loom and normal 45-55 odd watt bulbs and they are fine

listen if you need help with em pm me and i will give you my tel number and i will talk you through stuff ok inpros arnt std looking but they work on modern headlight technology making them far better than std and i could not care if other folk dont like em they dont have to buy em do they i use inpro fogs-indicators at the front to and inpro or fk (not sure which) crystals on the rear i run 17 inch bbs rc's and its a hell of a lot lower then VW intended

but i like it and thats all that matters so poo to the haters :lol:

ps can you tell ive been drinking a little bit and am very defensive of aftermarket lights and parts :lol:

Haha cool mate. I'm with you on the In-pro's, so many hate them but they work a hell of a lot better than standard one's. If you get a chance to try or see what HID's are like, then go for it.

Beer and red wine tonight for me, so I must be defensive as well mate! Haha.

Hey millerman & 8vmatt

My old adjusters totally fell apart so are no use to anyone, inpro just emailed me back and said I need to order part 12 as highlighted in the diagram below - only issue now is finding a dealer that will do it for me cos my nearest in Winchester are utter SH*TE and won't help me at all...

I've bought myself a pair of inpro headlights too, just arrived today ... I love them, think they're a 100% improvement on the boring stocks.

I haven't heard about this adjuster problem though, anyone care to explain ... Can't I fit them directly out of the box? ... What are the blue xenon bulbs like that are supplied with them?

Cheers

I've bought myself a pair of inpro headlights too, just arrived today ... I love them, think they're a 100% improvement on the boring stocks.

I haven't heard about this adjuster problem though, anyone care to explain ... Can't I fit them directly out of the box? ... What are the blue xenon bulbs like that are supplied with them?

Cheers

you need to take em apart (lenses off and light holder out look behind the projector and there is a little alloy lever and a screw securing it you need to make sure its on R

if not undo the screw and move it and then secure the screw again and put em back together)

simples :lol:

thanks millerman,

Going to have to check mine now. Also have the adjusters on order from Arz & working on an Original Headlight restoration project/article as I decided to repair my old lights and keep them as spares + found some potentially great chroming spray - just waiting for it to arrive now! :clap:

Cheers

you need to take em apart (lenses off and light holder out look behind the projector and there is a little alloy lever and a screw securing it you need to make sure its on R

if not undo the screw and move it and then secure the screw again and put em back together)

simples :lol:

Thats it? ... Why does that sound too easy?!! ... What does that do exactly? ... And can you explain to me what all this HID is about and upgraded loom? ... And here's me thinkin I can just buy some headlights and fit them directly on!

Fuck me this is frustrating!!!

I have removed both adjusters from my old headlights, so theyre ready to go into the inpros ...

I had no problems dismantling the old headlights, I assume you dismantle the inpros in the same way but it wont budge, is there an easier way to get to the lever? I can see the lever under the projector but I can't get to it.

I can't drive my car until this problem is sorted so pleeeaaasee someone help soon!!! :notworthy:

Have you removed the plate that holds the lights as you need to get

behind the projector there you just undo the screw slide the little silver

lever across and do the screw back up and your done

post some pics so I can see where you at

Uprating the head light loom provides the bulb with correct amount of

power so you get brighter lights the old corrado light wireing eats

up a lot of the power hence duller lights

hid lights would not need an uprated loom as it does not require

high voltages to run but does need it to start up hence the ballast

packs that come with em

also the is a very dark grey area with em concerning the law

if you wanna find out more do a search

Have you removed the plate that holds the lights as you need to get

behind the projector there you just undo the screw slide the little silver

lever across and do the screw back up and your done

post some pics so I can see where you at

No I haven't removed it yet, it wont budge ...

IMG_0855.jpg

I have managed to remove one white clip where the adjuster will fit ...

IMG_0864.jpg

(the existing white clip is now trapped in seeing as I can't get the other 2 out!!) ...

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0856-1.jpg

Its as if the white clips are glued in, there is just no play at all.

I'm guessing this is the lever ...

IMG_0863.jpg

Do you know if this is in the correct position? ... Either way I need to take it out so I can remove the white clip where the adjuster goes ...