Sign in to follow this  
t00mm

VR6 White BBS RS's

can thoroughly recommend the steering wheel

love mine, makes the car feel very responsive

Steering wheel is a Momo Team 300mm

feels pretty responsive and is a nice touch, not to small in my opinion.

Buying one now then! how much did you pay including the boss, gonna have a hunt around!

I got mine at trade price.

But your looking at around 175 - 1850 for Wheel, Boss and delivery

The "handle" under the steering wheel is a hand control for me to access the throttle and brake seeing as I'm a wheelchair user.

Ah, cool, was just interested... It looks like a pretty substantial bit of kit... any pics of how it works? (yeah, I'm an engineering geek and things like this intrigue me... :geek: :lol: 8) )

My sister had the same, they normally just work on an X style linkage principal i.e. pull to accelerate and push forward to brake. Its weird to start with but you soon get used to it.

Cars looking good by the way.

You've got it pretty much spot on, although its a completely different system in my MK5 Golf.

lets swap then lol, i want RS :clap:

Jokes aside I am quite interested if we could strike a deal

Had a rolling road day today,

Managed to get 212BHP @ 3910 RPM

and 322.7lbft Torque @ 3409RPM

Had a rolling road day today,

Managed to get 212BHP @ 3910 RPM

and 322.7lbft Torque @ 3409RPM

322.7lbft seems a little high :grin:

And isnt 212bhp a little high at only 3910RPM

:confused4:

I have printed results and a map reading, but yes I can see why it looks slightly odd at such a low rev count :shrug:

Which rolling road? guessing the torque was a miss type? Car looks great though, gonna order that steering wheel this week hopefully!

This is what i got,

Good choice on the Steering wheel buddy, Will just need to replace my throttle cable and i think my motor will be running sweet.

31853_418187488766_509598766_5312796_1978042_n.jpg

I'm no experts, but that seems like a pretty odd readout? why does it only go to 4.5k rpm?

lovely car, can't wait to see the wheels on, white RS's, very posh.

Sorry mate but that dyno readout looks ridiculous! where did you get it done? Looks like the dyno isn't calibrated correctly at the very least! The plot seems way off, both the numbers and the shape! And as above why does the plot only go up to 4000rpm??? Id get your money back if i were you!

Thankfully it was a charity day,

but i will have to go back and speak to the guys and see whats up

Sorry mate but that dyno readout looks ridiculous! where did you get it done? Looks like the dyno isn't calibrated correctly at the very least! The plot seems way off, both the numbers and the shape! And as above why does the plot only go up to 4000rpm??? Id get your money back if i were you!

Ditto

The figures look like they're from a commercial diesel [maybe Audi 3.0?] and the curves look like nothing I've ever seen before. :shrug:

They're certainly not for a VR6 12V!

Lovely looking car though. :luvlove:

perfect choice of wheels mate and with the blue looks amazin,i got 15 RS's on my blue 1. Defo best wheels,gona take mine up to 16's if i ever get any money and prob make em 8's on the front and push em out 2 9's on the back.what width r yours?

perfect choice of wheels mate and with the blue looks amazin,i got 15 RS's on my blue 1. Defo best wheels,gona take mine up to 16's if i ever get any money and prob make em 8's on the front and push em out 2 9's on the back.what width r yours?

Mine are 16's but 7.5 wide. It sits pretty close to the arch as it is so I might just leave them as they are until I do some proper arch work and get the stance spot on

Just a few images to update you all on the recent progress if you haven't seen already

31093_430712388766_509598766_5630126_3747033_n.jpg

31953_429374788766_509598766_5590493_858559_n.jpg