Vince@Stealth

Stealth Racing VR6 Turbo Kit discussion

Actually not sure the box I have has logging. Never looked into it! Seem to remember Mike (David) saying to check that the tyre sizes are entered correctly and that the system sees all four wheel speeds the same. So that should be live monitoring not logging. Not bothered myself with the latter and system works fine. Might seem obvious but the ABS needs to be energised for the RL to work. Managed to trip my ABS off during testing and was scratching my head for a bit.

I've run the Group Buy query by Vince as Racelogic themselves didn't want to know. He more or less accused of us being vultures only willing to buy when prices are cheap, charming :? Racelogic that is, not Vince.

Aw hell, just when I thought I didn't have anything else to buy, this comes along....

Well i took a trip up to Stealth last night and collected my stage 1 VRT conversion :clap: , have to say i only drove the demo car in the wet but still really enjoyed every aspect of it even without the TC fitted and knew it was exactly what I wanted.

But I got one hell of a shock when i took mine out for a the first test drive in the dry! :nuts: The car is a completely different animal now and i can honestly say it has kept a humongous smile on my face since I stepped in.

The acceleration is so smooth low down, perfect for town driving, but on boost it is an absolutely relentless beast. I haven't gone for the TC or custom exhaust yet but I am sure with time I will look to get these done.

Cannot recommend this kit and commend the service i have received from Vince and co enough it has been awesome and as stated earlier it represents excellent value for what you get. And to cap it all off they had the paintwork mopped free of charge ready for when i collected it so it not only went but also looked great too!

Took it for a good long drive home down the M40 and was really surprised at how well it did on fuel around a quarter of a tank for 90 miles cruising, boosting and sitting in M25 traffic for a good 2 hours almost seems like standard consumption off boost.

heres a little piccy of the under bonnet wasn't too sure when i was told there were no black pipes available but i quite like the look of the polished ones now

looks nice to me!! just needs the engine covers doing and it will be mint

cant beat the first time you drive your own VRT, nothing compares...

looks nice to me!! just needs the engine covers doing and it will be mint

cant beat the first time you drive your own VRT, nothing compares...

Yea manifold cover wasn't on when I took it there but was in boot so think was just put back on, rocker needs a good going over though not sure what to use as there is a lot of corrosion on it.

Yea it is an awesome feeling :D

Looks great to me! I think the chrome pipework really suits the buffed up manifold a treat :D Although I have wondered about a nice crackle black finish the Americans are so good at :norty:

The acceleration is so smooth low down, perfect for town driving, but on boost it is an absolutely relentless beast. I haven't gone for the TC or custom exhaust yet but I am sure with time I will look to get these done.

I think come winter, you will definitely be a customer for Traction control!

Even if it finds just 40% more traction, that's still a damn site faster than sitting there going nowhere :lol:

In theory, both tyres and gearboxes will lead a less stressful life with TC :salute:

Those pipes are going to make my old lump look ropey!! Taking it in tomorrow. Couple more weeks to wait :( :D

Trust me it is worth it in the end! Using mine as my daily and wouldn't have it any other way, my petrol gauge has packed up too so I am even happier

I'm going to see Vince on Saturday to have a good chat about this kit, unfortunately his test car is having a few upgrades put on so won't be able to test drive :(

I just wondered if any VRT boys were planning on being around Stealth this Saturday as I'd really like a ride in one at least before I commit :)

No point going out in mine because it's not representative of what you will get, but take it from me, Vince's kit is bloody superb. Perfect low speed manners and just the right amount of midrange thump to make it a very quick road car without being silly about it :salute:

And there's scope for more if you do want to get silly :D

Worth waiting for a chance to test drive the Stealth VRT mate so you're getting a good idea of what your money will buy you.

I thought it was fantastic. It turned the humble VR6 into something with quite staggering performance. Acceleration once you got going (though 3rd and 4th) was ridiculous.

Fame at last!

Got my shiny Storm with Stage 1+ Stealth turbo conversion into the January edition of Golf+ (available now). They invited me to Santa Pod for the photo shoot, even managed to get a few runs in. It's amazing how much extra grip the rubber coated start line at Santa Pod offers over the concrete and grit of Bruntingthorpe!

Fame at last!

Got my shiny Storm with Stage 1+ Stealth turbo conversion into the January edition of Golf+ (available now). They invited me to Santa Pod for the photo shoot, even managed to get a few runs in. It's amazing how much extra grip the rubber coated start line at Santa Pod offers over the concrete and grit of Bruntingthorpe!

Ooh will have to pick up a copy tomorrow!

How did you get on 1/4 and 0-60 on a good surface? don't suppose you've tried on the strip with the Racelogic on and off for comparison?

Fame at last!

Nice one, just read it :) Always want to take mine to the pod :( , Think 4wd is the way forward for you now, i know the guy who bought mine is looing into it

Well Saturday saw me dropping a wardrobe at the gfs parents house, which entailed me driving right past Stealth. Would be rude not to go and meet Vince after a year chatting :)

Went out in the Turbo demo and all I can say is WOW! So refined with normal driving but as others have said: Mental past 2500rpm!

Car is going in first week of March for the conversion, Vince reckons with the work I've already done,'and a 2.5inch exhaust I should see 380bhp. :lol:

Good job I'm getting the Racelogic plumbed in too! Was very impressed by the Traction Control on The test drive.

Well Saturday saw me dropping a wardrobe at the gfs parents house, which entailed me driving right past Stealth. Would be rude not to go and meet Vince after a year chatting :)

Went out in the Turbo demo and all I can say is WOW! So refined with normal driving but as others have said: Mental past 2500rpm!

Car is going in first week of March for the conversion, Vince reckons with the work I've already done,'and a 2.5inch exhaust I should see 380bhp. :lol:

Good job I'm getting the Racelogic plumbed in too! Was very impressed by the Traction Control on The test drive.

Haha easy sale then :D

Hehe... no effort required to sell this conversion. If you've got money in the bank and you're serious, you only need 5 minutes in that thing to know it means serious business!