Sign in to follow this  
poll250

Long wheel centering bolt

Ok, so basically does anyone make a long wheel bolt, say 15cm long that I can use to centre my wheels.

At the moment it takes a while to get the wheel, spacer, disc and hub all lined up ( my disc locating screw head snapped off!)

So I'd really like a couple of M14x1.5 shafts without a bolt head on. A square end to fit a 13mm socket on would be great too!

Any recommendations?

Andy

Yup, M14 for a VR and M12 for 4 stud...

You might have to email him for international postage costs - it's not a lot though, mine was like £8 delivered.

or two 10mm thick pieces of wood dowling with a piece of hose glued to the ends so you dont get any wood in the threads. used this method for nearly 20 years without a problem :)

Alternativly buy a 10 pence m8 x 10 mm screw Or 2 lol

To do what with? :?

fix the disk to the hub ! prob not the correct size but hey ho

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, ordered a Metalnerd wheel assist tool last night, only about 8 quid inc delivery and looks like it'll last a lifetime :)

Andy

or two 10mm thick pieces of wood dowling with a piece of hose glued to the ends so you dont get any wood in the threads. used this method for nearly 20 years without a problem :)

*cough* Pikey! *cough* :lol:

Actually a good idea Mr K!

Audis come with a plastic version of this in the toolkit :wink: I think B5 or later Passats do too.

Sneaky Germans.. any idea of a part number Mikki?

Think my passenger side has been missing the locating screw for a while (because the screw is still in the hub.. sigh) so this tool would be really useful. Thanks for the tip, mikkijayne :)

I think it would also be useful for a standard set up but where I really dont want to have to 'spin' the wheel against the disk to line things up or else I might scratch someones beautiful disk paintwork.