Sign in to follow this  
vr6paul

induction for vr6?

will dumping the air box for some sort of induction kit make a difference at all to my vr6?

any advice welcome!!

cheers

paul

It will make a fantastic note! :p You'll hear some on Sunday no doubt. And I bet you'll get one a few days after. You might get a few extra horses too. Heat is the main problem with any induction kit.

cheers guys for the advice.

will wait and see (and hear) what goes on on sunday and make a decision then.

cheers guys for the advice.

will wait and see (and hear) what goes on on sunday and make a decision then.

i'll even let you try my modded airbox....don't worry its not swiss-cheesed but it looks stock and is as good as an induction kit

VR6 would be me i guess.....

If you can afford it, spend £140 on the Turn2 cold air induction kit......in one word..."lovely!"

Sold it to Robch (think that's his username!) due to insurance.

Search for induction in all forums as it's mentioned a few times.

email me if you want more info.

Thats my cue!!!

The Turn 2 kit is fantastic! A little bit more expensive than average but worth every penny and more! It has transformed the cars sound and performance! top bit of kit!

what do the insurance companies say to the turn 2 kit?

am i better modifying the air box if i get it right?

Well, you'd have to tell them about the Turn2 kit - and dependding on the company, it'll cost you a bit more on insurance.

And you could probably get away with not telling them if you just mod the air box - since unless they take it apart, it looks standard...

cheers much might try that.

Roddy will have a swatch at you airbox on sunday if thats alright?

cheers

paul

My insurance demand to know of any mods at all so I thought best be safe than sorry and rang them expecting maybe £10-20 charge........nope, £120!!

Sod that, so I sold it.

(Belldirect.....good premiums.....hate mods!)

I'm with them too - but got my premium with all the mods already declared.

They're normally pretty cool though. Shouldn't be as bad as Bell *cough End cough* Direct.

What's your full premium then? wonder if it works as a percentage?

Only been with em for a couple of months so wonder if they were just trying to shaft me!

Going to make my own cold air induction kit at the weekend if it's nice. :evil:

The turn2 kit cost me an extra £38 which I was pleasantly suprised about as I was expecting it to be nearer £80! I'm with privilege! They seem pretty cool!

But what is you full premium Rob?

Think they must work it on a percentage, which is why i got mugged!!

Did you guys order your Turn2 stuff from the states or is there a UK stockist?

Has anyone tried their engine mount? They claim no harshness from the poly insert, sounds too good to be true!

Regarding insurance, how much are they likely to sting you on coloured lights? My external mods consist of Lupo wipers, blue side repeaters, colour coded VW emblem at the back and In pro rear clusters. Should I tell em??

Re the airbox, I had an idea today....how about getting a peice of right angle black drain pipe, cut a circular hole in the bottom half of the box to fit the pipe diameter and then route the 90 degree bend into the wing cavity? Looks stock and works to the same principals as the Turn2 mod....and a lot cheaper!

Cheers

Kev

94 VR6

Kev,

Turn2 stuff comes straight from the states but they put value as about $15 so no customs worry ;)

They have a very good range of products apparantly! Fancy the ally crank pulley myself.

Re: mod - that's what I am planning to do this weekend.....think the difficulty may be with fixing the pipe to the airbox and again at a suitable place on the framerail. ideas?

I looked at this - there isn't really any space where it'll get air from the front... Unless you start cutting holes :shock:

Andi - I'm planning to basically do the Turn2-style kit but leaving the air box...just need to cut a hole in the bottom of the box above the carbon can and run the pipe down near the wing - lots of lovely cold air :)