Sign in to follow this  
roosevelt

What to pay for 1993 K reg VR6??

Could do with a bit more info than that! Is it straight? Any rust? How does it drive? Any big maintenance jobs ever done on it (suspension rebuild, timing chains, clutch, etc) or any modifications of interest?

At the baseline I'd say it's probably worth about £2,500-£3,000 if it's really nice and tidy and had some work done. And then probably on a sliding scale down to about £2,000 if it's a bit untidy.

It's been well maitained, owner had it for last 9 years. NOt sure of mechanical history/work but will check this out. Is maroon in colour, and looks tidy. Bloke wants a Golf GTi, but loves his rado so may have to offer top end....

Just after a ball park figure to strat from, thanks guys.

Any car is only worth what you want to pay for it. But as is said, 'going rate' is anywhere from £1000-£3500 (roughly).

£2,457 :wink:

Only be prepared to offer top money if you feel everything is right. Fingers crossed its a good one for ya.

Could do with a bit more info than that! Is it straight? Any rust? How does it drive? Any big maintenance jobs ever done on it (suspension rebuild, timing chains, clutch, etc) or any modifications of interest?

At the baseline I'd say it's probably worth about £2,500-£3,000 if it's really nice and tidy and had some work done. And then probably on a sliding scale down to about £2,000 if it's a bit untidy.

top notch information that...

I'm currently on the hunt for my first Corrado VR6 and have found that the average prices are between £2,000-£3,000 but also up to more than £5,000 for particularly good ones.

From viewings it's becoming clear that the closer to £2,000 you look, the more work you can expect the car to need and likewise ones that have plenty of maintenance & history are at the £3,000 end. However, don't assume that because someone wants near £3k that it means they have a well looked after car.

You might also want to familiarise yourself with common faults and things to look for when buying, here is a good starting point :)

Mik

I paid 3k for my 93 k VR 115K and that was a 2-3 years ago. Its straight, no rust. Was burning a bit of oil. All electrics worked - Nothing else wrong with it.

So assuming prices have dropped a little over those 3 years i would go with £2000-£2500

I paid £1,800 last summer and mine is K reg. It had 150,000 miles. Been running for a year and its been sound. Just need to wait for the right one and not jump in.

...and it did me fine for a year before that (track day included)! I'm glad it's given you no trouble, did you ever find that second key though? Still not turned up at my end I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Tom

Hey! no thats a mystery! I havnt driven it from November to now, thought id insure my mk3 golf instead over the winter. Only a month though and im going to put it back on the road! So excited!

Excellent! :clap: Very pleased it's still running well for you. Roll on the spring & summer (especially now I'm fully committed to 2 wheels!)

Cheers,

Tom

i paid £1500 for a two owner k reg with 92k on the clocks, very straight, just a few dints and no sill or arch rust, had three electric faults two of which were easy fixes, the third i'm waiting for summer.... sunroof :)

tbh mines not a daily driver, so can fix the big issues as they arise like chains, matrix, head and bore wear.

if it is a daily, then i'd pay more for something with the usual issues attended to, £2 - £3k