Sign in to follow this  
dobbo

Which door handles are compatible with the Corrado?

The passenger door handle has broken on my 16v Corrado. I need to get it fixed for the mot but not too keen on forking out big money for a new one. I’m thinking I should be able to get one off a golf or a passat from a scrapyard. Can somebody tell me which models will have a compatible handle? I'm not bothered that the key won't work on the passenger side, will the central locking still work though? Apologies if this has been covered already elsewhere.

I have Passat rear on mine mate. Grab the mech while you are down the scrappy, save a few quid & delock it while you are at it 8)

So the passat handles spound like the way to go. Any info on what year of passat will have the correct handles?

would the vento ones fit aswell? they are same as mk3? i cant remember what they are like but i kno they are a bit rounder and painted so can be c/coded

I'm still having trouble finding one, it means I can't get my mot passed :(

Do the mk3 golf ones definitely fit as well then?

The repair kit sounds good. I am not entirely sure what is wrong with my door handle though. The car is currently at the garage. I can go and have a look at the car to see exactly how the mechanism has broken but what does the repair kit actually fix? I'd like to check that I do in fact have the same problem.

Here is a pic of the passenger door handle,with the unbreakable part circled in red !

This is the part that ALWAYS breaks ! Telltale sign,can open from the inside,but not the outside14112009034.jpg[/attachment:ypx33c81]

If you undo the screw in the door jamb,you can pull the handle out enough to see if its broken

I've just been and collected the door handle. The part on the left is indeed broken, however there is another part on the right hand side that has also broken :brickwall: You can see it circled on the pic below. I presume the repair kit won't fix this?

I've just been and collected the door handle. The part on the left is indeed broken, however there is another part on the right hand side that has also broken :brickwall: You can see it circled on the pic below. I presume the repair kit won't fix this?

Correct, my kit won't fix the circled breakage, you need a new handle.