biggerbigben

Biggerbigben - Golf sold.. another new project!

cool mate.. did you see you got a mention on PVW & Golf + mag this month from E38 show....?

I saw the Golf + E38 article. They said something like ... "our best car of the show" :oops: :oops: ...very honoured, but I don't think it was the best car of show. That must go to Lee, Jay, OSV etc

Haven't read the PVW mag yet, its sitting at home hopefully. Will read it tonight though!

Ben

Great to see your cars come on leaps and bounds since I was last one the forum! Seams so close now!

You where spot on about how quickly I made progress striping my camper. I haven’t touched it since! lol MIG welders arrived now though so work will recommence as soon as the body pannels turn up. Still won’t be nearly as impressive and ambitious as this though…….one day!

Keep up the crazy project, gonna be a legend of a motor this!!

Sorry dude, forgot to answer this..

Its so easy to strip a car, but putting it back together can be amusing to say the least! I have a box of parts that I have no idea where they go!

I'm just plodding along getting it ready for an MOT. Got a few lights to work now. Just the headlights aren't playing ball at the moment, so will tackle them at the weekend.

I just spray WD40 all over anything that’s electrical and playing up. It works for me sometimes!! :lol:

Wicked new sig pic above! Fingers crossed for the MOT!

Quick update...

Took these crappy phone pics this afternoon, just thought I'd share with you guys what I'm having to deal with, electrics wise! Almost got it all sussed now. All the lights are working bar the reverse ones and all the TVR electrics are preety much done including the warning lights in the drivers door card. All I have to do now is quickly wire up the climate control and then thats the elctrics done!.. phew.. should get that done next weekend.

I need to make some custom ducting for the vents in the dash and put it back in.. wire up the fans and boost controller and its pretty much done! I have it booked in for the final mapping sesh on the 7th Jan giving me enough time to get it 'road legal' then hopefully I will book the MOT the following week!

So should have it on the road by mid Jan, leaving 5 months to iron out all the problems in time for WORTHERSEE 06 ! Das is good ya!

cheers

Ben

Thought I would post this pic for Bally :D

The new height 8)

if they were 9's i be impressed :p :lol: im jus jealous i love them rims

looking phat :)

looks like a nasty job you have on your hands there.

Whats the crack with the engine then? you still selling or have you decided to keep it?

Thanks all.. I am indeed a nutter!

CoxyLaaaaaaaad!,

If someone really wants it then I'll negotiate something with who ever steps forward, but for the time being I am just cracking on and getting it ready for the road. I have only advertised the engine on this forum so I wasn't planning on a huge response tbh, it was kinda spurr of the moment kinda of thing. But thinking about it now I just want to get on and get it on the road as I've been dying to drive it now for, well, 4 years! :)

Will I have it on the road before yours though, thats the question?

Phil K,

Absolutely! I'll put you on the list D)

CoxyLaaaaaaaad!,

If someone really wants it then I'll negotiate something with who ever steps forward, but for the time being I am just cracking on and getting it ready for the road. I have only advertised the engine on this forum so I wasn't planning on a huge response tbh, it was kinda spurr of the moment kinda of thing. But thinking about it now I just want to get on and get it on the road as I've been dying to drive it now for, well, 4 years!

Good plan re the engine. I am almost in the same boat as you. working on a project then looking at new engines before its even on the road lol

Best just get the car running so you can actually get some proper enjoyment out of it before you start on a revised project.

Not sure who will be on the road first. It depends on a few decisions I have to make. If I go the quick route then all i need is the brake lines connecting up, the exhaust making, and a few bits of tidying up then I am done. But I really need to fit the abs system and get the car painted, so it may be a while yet. I am sticking with my March deadline. Actually I also need to sort out a 4wd controller too. I am toying with the idea of sourcing a full mk4 wiring loom and installing that including the standard 4wd controller.

Descisions descisions!

CoxyLaaaaaaaad!,

If someone really wants it then I'll negotiate something with who ever steps forward, but for the time being I am just cracking on and getting it ready for the road. I have only advertised the engine on this forum so I wasn't planning on a huge response tbh, it was kinda spurr of the moment kinda of thing. But thinking about it now I just want to get on and get it on the road as I've been dying to drive it now for, well, 4 years!

Good plan re the engine. I am almost in the same boat as you. working on a project then looking at new engines before its even on the road lol

Best just get the car running so you can actually get some proper enjoyment out of it before you start on a revised project.

Not sure who will be on the road first. It depends on a few decisions I have to make. If I go the quick route then all i need is the brake lines connecting up, the exhaust making, and a few bits of tidying up then I am done. But I really need to fit the abs system and get the car painted, so it may be a while yet. I am sticking with my March deadline. Actually I also need to sort out a 4wd controller too. I am toying with the idea of sourcing a full mk4 wiring loom and installing that including the standard 4wd controller.

Descisions descisions!

[/quote:ca8ff]

Installing a whole mk4 wiring loom might be an idea, Jay is your man on that, but its no easy feat! Although if you get a controller for the haldex then I will be very interested in that, so let me know! Any ideas on this, has anyone actually done one that is any good yet? I've heard of a couple but they seem pants! Keep me updated!

I have a man in waiting that is more that up to the task of creating a controller

;)

Well I would be seriously interested mate, so keep me in the loop..! mega interested!

Everytime i look at this car makes me drool out of control....I just saw it in euro tuner and had to com post and look it over again

cheers Russ.. That means a lot coming from you.. !

Any chance you could post up some pics (scan of the article) of it in euro tuner and which months mag is it in? I remember them saying they were going to put a few pics in the mag but that was the last I heard about it..

B

Just thought I'd let everyone know that the plan is to take the car for mapping this weekend. I will leave it for a week and pick it up next weekend hopefully. So in theroy I should have a fully drivable and almost road legal corrado by next weekend! Its only taken 4 years!

I will take a video camera along and get some footage on Sat.

B

Dropped it off for mapping, next weekend it should be all done hopefully. Fingers crossed! Went for a ride in Elton @ Jabba's 365bhp FWD mk2, WOW.. I will post a link to some vids I took of it, seriously quick even in the rain!

Anyway here is a pic of my dirty C when I dropped it off...

B

superb!! cant wait to see you at one of the club gti meets so i can blag a ride!!!

Rob

Guys you wouldn't even begin to understand the size of the smile I had on my face when I dropped it off! After going in that IHI mk2 I was gobsmacked how quick it was! I have been waiting almost 4 years for this moment!!!!

Rides will be dished out, no worries! I will make an effort to go to a few shows and meets this year!