Sign in to follow this  
sexybourbon

2litre start up problem . HELP lol

Hi had my c since sat now it drove home fine did about 150 miles then last night when I went to take home my gf it wouldn't start ! I was turning the engine over for about 2 min then it fired up and ran fine then once again it did it this morning and fired up again after about a min !

So I tried it out of curiosity at dinner time to see if it was just cos it was cold last night and this morning but it still took a couple of mins to start and when it did it smelt slightly of petrol!!

The battery seems to have tons of power but I'm scared if it keeps doing this then it may take it's toll on the battery and not start any ideas or any one had this problem before it's worrying me a lol as iv only had the car a few days

cheers guys

could be the ignition switch, or hall sender.

Underneath the dizzy cap theres a 3 pin connector, disconnect and clean the terminals(making sure theres no oil), then reconnect and see if that has helped.

As for the ignition switch, not sure if you can test them, but cheap and easy enough to replace.

I got mine from

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ignition-starter-Switch-VW-Corrado-All-Post-Free_W0QQitemZ360208569295QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item53de1a93cf

Took about 15mins to install, my cars been 100 times better with the new switch.

Sean

Thank you mate I'll give this a try thanks foe the quik reply to this it's the first time iv had to ask the forum and iv only had it four days lol

once iv tried it I'll let you know the out come

cheers