Sign in to follow this  
OSV

Exhaust decision finally made ! (Look at this rascal)

SNAP!! Got to agree qaulity company, the only exhaust for me too!! 8) :lol: How come yours hasnt been powder coated? 8) Mine is stainless steel then they have powdercoated it. I thought they where all like that apart from the wierd looking ones they do.

Apparently they usually are a hybrid of stainless and aluminised steel. This is apparently a bespoke rear box for the Corrado VR6 which is fully 304 stainless.

Measured the mounting points and it seems that it is an absolutely indentical fit ( in terms of how far it protrudes from body, angles etc) with the OE item. Its just a touch bigger than stock aprox 10mm all round due to the rolled end to the tailpipe.Should fill the bumper apeture nicely without looking oversized. :)

That's the beauty of SuperSprint, you don't have to feck about it making it fit, it just does, first time. SS are the absolute danglies imo, had a couple of their systems during my MK2 days and won't use anything else, other than perhaps Magnex.

Mine fits the bumper apeture precisely too. It came with a chromed rear exhaust mounting that I fitted and messed about with to get it to sit right. :lol: :lol: (nice touch)

There in my opinion is nothing worse than a tailpipe that is miles away from the rear bumper and swinging around the place. If you check out my link to the gallery you can see how well it fits.

:D :D :D Supersprint RULE!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :!:

Supersprint are ace!!!! 8)

Had a centre box on my MKI sounded ace with a janspeed backbox.

have a de-cat centre box on my corrado with a 4-2-1 SS manifold of theirs on the way for the corrado, hopefully this week!!! :D:D:D pics WILL be taken!!! :lol:

but i have a Scorpion Back box... Maybe one day ill have one of their backbox's :lol:

its a good sound with the scorpion finishing up with a nice ROAR, whereas a full scorpion would do my nut i think :?

I had a janspeed backbox on my Scirocco. It sounded like a squad of challenger tanks, it was so loud!! :wink: :x I didnt mind though, I was 17 and had almost bought a Nova SR. So louder the better (embarising!) :? :?

strangely enough, my janspeed didnt seem to sound like others i've heard of. think the centre box helped alot. when the supersprint blew, was skint so replaced it with a standard GTI box. never sounded the same after that :cry:

BUT!!!!

MY MANIFOLD ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Its been fitted now, cat back, this means losing the box directly after the cat but retaining the main box and the back box. Its a spot on fit and nice and quiet. Very pleased :D